books on the show etc

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

If anyone fancies getting a copy of "The Avengers" by Dave Rogers (which - for me - is still such an utterly, utterly special book), I saw a decent example this morning at "A Touch of Jeanius", a second hand bookshop in the West End Arcade in Nottingham.

http://www.books-and-pieces.co.uk/

Happy hunting!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Andrew Pixley wrote:If anyone fancies getting a copy of "The Avengers" by Dave Rogers (which - for me - is still such an utterly, utterly special book), I saw a decent example this morning at "A Touch of Jeanius", a second hand bookshop in the West End Arcade in Nottingham.

http://www.books-and-pieces.co.uk/

Happy hunting!
I already have a copy of "The Avengers", but I want to go to this bookstore anyway! 8)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Speed Six wrote:Dave Roger's 'The Ultimate Avengers' is certainly one of the best. The story synopses are cut down from his earlier books, but there is much more behind the scenes information.
how hard are the rogers books to locate ?
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

mousemeat wrote:
Speed Six wrote:Dave Roger's 'The Ultimate Avengers' is certainly one of the best. The story synopses are cut down from his earlier books, but there is much more behind the scenes information.
how hard are the rogers books to locate ?
Quite easy. Amazon sites (US, UK, France) are full of them and at all prices (from 0,01£ to 90£ !)
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

dissolute wrote: Rodney's "Subversive Champagne" is interesting but a bit shorter than I was expecting, and the monochromatic and unexcitingly typset printing leaves me wanting something more - but that's a fault with Amazon rather than the book.
The book is obviously far longer in its second edition but the inside set up is not overly exciting.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodders wrote:
dissolute wrote: Rodney's "Subversive Champagne" is interesting but a bit shorter than I was expecting, and the monochromatic and unexcitingly typset printing leaves me wanting something more - but that's a fault with Amazon rather than the book.
The book is obviously far longer in its second edition but the inside set up is not overly exciting.
better to have this,than NO copy at all...