The Avengers Dossier (Cornell/Topping/Day)

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Let's call it a "Derby" :).
Last watched: "The Charmers"
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

[quote="Frankymole"]Let's call it a "Derby" :).[/quote
that does sound better--derby.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Not all of the original copies were pulped. When I lived in Reading, the local corner shop where I bought my bread and milk, also sold books and I bought a copy there for £1.99.

I mentioned this to a fellow fan called Jeremy Guy a few days later who asked if I could go back to the shops and buy all the copies they had (I had no idea it had been pulled) and walked out with the remaining 19 copies they had from the box of 20 they had in stock. Jeremy paid me £1.99 per book as I had paid the shop and I was somewhat surprised to later find out he was selling them on for about £15 each. If Lord Sugar was about Jeremy would have hired and I would have been fired!

I ask the most stupid questions!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

jaz wrote:Not all of the original copies were pulped. When I lived in Reading, the local corner shop where I bought my bread and milk, also sold books and I bought a copy there for £1.99.

I mentioned this to a fellow fan called Jeremy Guy a few days later who asked if I could go back to the shops and buy all the copies they had (I had no idea it had been pulled) and walked out with the remaining 19 copies they had from the box of 20 they had in stock. Jeremy paid me £1.99 per book as I had paid the shop and I was somewhat surprised to later find out he was selling them on for about £15 each. If Lord Sugar was about Jeremy would have hired and I would have been fired!
yikes...lol....too funny
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."