NEW AVENGERS PURDEY DOLL DISCOVERY! (NOT DENYS FISHER)

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:If they made a Santa Gambit doll, I'd buy it in a second. :wink:

I'm quite fond of my avatar myself. I still can't believe I found that picture. :shock:
I too + Doll Santa Gambit was would a wonderful gift for all of us. :D Especially if she would speak "Merry Christmas"! :lol: :wink:

I dare to say, Jay, it's the best avatar that you have ever (from my point of view, of course). In these latter days I've firstly reading your posts, and then automatically consider the avatar. I'm surprised that it does not bother me, for the time being. You did a great find, certainly. Great wishes to someone who published it for the first time in a free web.
It is time to organize the vote for the best avatar of Jay. :lol: (Joke)
1. Santa Gambit
2. Gareth and Joanna from the episode "Dirtier by the Dozen" (from Joanna Lumley forum)
3. Сurrent avatar

Oh, I'm going to number three. :P Fantastic!!!
Denis
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Haha definitely #3-current avatar
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

denisrigg wrote:I too + Doll Santa Gambit was would a wonderful gift for all of us. :D Especially if she would speak "Merry Christmas"! :lol: :wink:

I dare to say, Jay, it's the best avatar that you have ever (from my point of view, of course). In these latter days I've firstly reading your posts, and then automatically consider the avatar. I'm surprised that it does not bother me, for the time being. You did a great find, certainly. Great wishes to someone who published it for the first time in a free web.
It is time to organize the vote for the best avatar of Jay. :lol: (Joke)
1. Santa Gambit
2. Gareth and Joanna from the episode "Dirtier by the Dozen" (from Joanna Lumley forum)
3. Сurrent avatar

Oh, I'm going to number three. :P Fantastic!!!
I had no idea my avatars would become such a talking point! :lol: I love my current one a lot, too, so it's probably one of my favourites as well (it was the photographer who it up, actually, so we have him to thank). :D But I'm quite proud of the one on the Lumley forum as well, as it was the product of one of my most "adventurous" experiments with Photoshop. I got a gif within a gif. For me, that was huge. :wink:
anti-clockwise wrote:yes i think it would be better to make your own doll and costume. not sure these are worth it!
Given my sewing skills, I suspect my attempt to sew a tiny three piece suit would end in disaster. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
chrisj5
White Dwarf

Post by chrisj5 »

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in updating......
I viewed the doll in the flesh (so to speak) last Thursday and it is absolutely gorgeous! Pics do not do it justice really, but, please follow the link below to view:

http://postimg.org/gallery/p9f2eg6/

The box pics look flat - this is because I switched the flash off to stop bleaching out detail, the design is very much in the vein of TNA 'Shooting Game' and 'Board Game' and like I said colours are superb.

The doll itself is larger than I imagine - Action Man / GI Joe size...
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Thanks for the pictures! I'm surprised it's as big as it is--presumably bigger than the Denys Fisher Purdey doll, then. It's an amazing find. Hopefully the Steed and Gambit dolls will follow.

anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

nice pic Denis. I just think I would take a flattening iron for that hair. :lol:
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I had no idea my avatars would become such a talking point! :lol: I love my current one a lot, too, so it's probably one of my favourites as well (it was the photographer who it up, actually, so we have him to thank). :D But I'm quite proud of the one on the Lumley forum as well, as it was the product of one of my most "adventurous" experiments with Photoshop. I got a gif within a gif. For me, that was huge. :wink:
Well, Jay, I would like to see your current avatar several more months.
It still fascinates. :wink:
You had a pretty good experience with Photoshop unlike me - I've spent a lot of time in it when briefly worked in Russian company "Film Prestige" selling the movies on DVD.
I worked on the design for covers in Photoshop, but eventually my place was taken by another person. Oh, my cover design was similar to the design in Steedumbrella. :lol: But I just unbearable when I spend too much time on the design.

anti-clockwise wrote:yes i think it would be better to make your own doll and costume. not sure these are worth it!
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Given my sewing skills, I suspect my attempt to sew a tiny three piece suit would end in disaster. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, anti-clockwise, but Jay and I can not to make a good dolls.
In any case, for a great thing I would turn to the masters of handmade. It is important that faces of dolls were like the characters and costumes for them can be taken from the factory releases.

(Joke)
Company Jay and Denis presents:
Purdey's Doll (exclusive for fans of the series) limited edition

Soon: Santa Gambit's doll!
Release date: december 2014

:lol:
Denis
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

denisrigg wrote:Well, Jay, I would like to see your current avatar several more months.
It still fascinates. :wink:
You had a pretty good experience with Photoshop unlike me - I've spent a lot of time in it when briefly worked in Russian company "Film Prestige" selling the movies on DVD.
I worked on the design for covers in Photoshop, but eventually my place was taken by another person. Oh, my cover design was similar to the design in Steedumbrella. :lol: But I just unbearable when I spend too much time on the design.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, anti-clockwise, but Jay and I can not to make a good dolls.
In any case, for a great thing I would turn to the masters of handmade. It is important that faces of dolls were like the characters and costumes for them can be taken from the factory releases.

(Joke)
Company Jay and Denis presents:
Purdey's Doll (exclusive for fans of the series) limited edition

Soon: Santa Gambit's doll!
Release date: december 2014

:lol:
I presume this doll is extra-rare as it features Purdey's never-seen new look for TNA's aborted third season. There were worries that the hair-dye might be a bit much. :wink:

I suspect I'll end up keeping this avatar for awhile, so don't worry. It's very popular, too. 8)

My Photoshop results were entirely down to finding a good tutorial. Otherwise, I think you'd out-Photoshop me any day. :lol:

anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Huge laugh Denis. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love it!!!!!! What a kick.
Purdey with pink hair. I love it! Yes the blonde look is getting old and we need an updated look for her. Thank you. You have a wonderful sense of humour!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:This was posted on the Lumley forum, and it's an amazing find, I agree. Especially since the scrapped Gambit and Steed dolls were supposedly made for the South African market as well. It'd be great if we found an example of those, as well. :D
amazing find....has to be ultra rare