Season 5: Another Creative Idea

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I also have great affection for Season 2 Steed, his double-breasted waistcoats and more relaxed fashion choices, back before the bowler and brolly became emblematic of his character. He has a dashing and dissipated quality that mostly vanishes when his character is smoothed out in Season 4.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: I tend to think of the Emma era Steed as "classic Steed"--the look that encapsulates the character. Never trendy, but timeless--you could take him in one of his suits from that era and displace him fifty years into the past or future from that point in time, and he'd look just as good. The paisley shirts come across as them trying to make him "hip", which was never what the character was about--the women were on the cutting edge of fashion, but Steed's style was eternal.
That's exactly it: Peel is fashion-bound and stunningly so, Steed is timeless and charmingly so.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Rodders wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: I tend to think of the Emma era Steed as "classic Steed"--the look that encapsulates the character. Never trendy, but timeless--you could take him in one of his suits from that era and displace him fifty years into the past or future from that point in time, and he'd look just as good. The paisley shirts come across as them trying to make him "hip", which was never what the character was about--the women were on the cutting edge of fashion, but Steed's style was eternal.
That's exactly it: Peel is fashion-bound and stunningly so, Steed is timeless and charmingly so.
And between the two of them, you end up with a pair of incredibly well-dressed leads. :D Watching the show for the clothes, particularly the Gale and Peel eras, is a visual treat, part of an already incredibly stylish and visual show.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

A lot of the 60s and 70s fashions seem back in vogue today, even if they've been adapted slightly to fit modern times. Much of what Emma wears in season 5 looks great today. I actually don't mind that paisley shirt of Steed's either. :lol: Many of Tara's outfits were ahead of their time, and also look great today. In particular her All done with Mirrors outfit. 8) The kilt outfit she wore was also tres chic. Having said that I'd rather forget her Invasion of the Earthmen outfit. Surely the worst outfit in the Avenger's history. Truly shocking :shock: As well as the fabulous cars, the Avengers fashions make viewing The Avengers a visual treat. Rich.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Darren wrote: "Macnee's Outfits Designed by HIMSELF" - it always makes me laugh that credit (like the Marks and Spencer's credit on The Persuaders LOL).
And "Gowns by Total Look of Debenhams" :)
Last watched: "Concerto"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Frankymole wrote:
Darren wrote: "Macnee's Outfits Designed by HIMSELF" - it always makes me laugh that credit (like the Marks and Spencer's credit on The Persuaders LOL).
And "Gowns by Total Look of Debenhams" :)

LOL that was it.:D
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

cyberrich wrote:A lot of the 60s and 70s fashions seem back in vogue today, even if they've been adapted slightly to fit modern times. Much of what Emma wears in season 5 looks great today. I actually don't mind that paisley shirt of Steed's either. :lol: Many of Tara's outfits were ahead of their time, and also look great today. In particular her All done with Mirrors outfit. 8) The kilt outfit she wore was also tres chic. Having said that I'd rather forget her Invasion of the Earthmen outfit. Surely the worst outfit in the Avenger's history. Truly shocking :shock: As well as the fabulous cars, the Avengers fashions make viewing The Avengers a visual treat. Rich.
I'd wear Emma and Cathy's dress/skirt and trouser suits today, with very few exceptions. They rarely put a foot wrong, and they're so tailored and classic that they still look great today. Tara and Purdey have always been a bit more hit-and-miss fashionwise, but they had some great stuff, too. I'm with you on Tara's little tartan number. :)

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

We should start a new fashion line. I tell you their hard to find especially these days especially the emmapeelers.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

anti-clockwise wrote:We should start a new fashion line. I tell you their hard to find especially these days especially the emmapeelers.
Sign me up! They would probably go over quite well. I'm sure there'd be interest, especially given that sixties fashion has had a bit of a renaissance. So much of their wardrobes is timeless, though--classic clothes never go out of style. 8)

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:We should start a new fashion line. I tell you their hard to find especially these days especially the emmapeelers.
Sign me up! They would probably go over quite well. I'm sure there'd be interest, especially given that sixties fashion has had a bit of a renaissance. So much of their wardrobes is timeless, though--classic clothes never go out of style. 8)
haha! Can we bring back the original Avenger's designers to create our clothing line? :wink: But where to start...
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."