Help needed! 'Emma' on set of Tara episode ?

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
A diabolical mastermind..
Nutshell

Help needed! 'Emma' on set of Tara episode ?

Post by A diabolical mastermind.. »

Hello All,
I hope this is the right place to post this, I am hoping that you can help me with A Minor Mystery...

I have a photo, taken on the set of 'Fog' which shows someone dressed as Emma Peel !
I'm not sure that it is really Diana ...
and anyway 'Fog' was a Tara episode... !?!
*confused and intriged*

I hope this scan shows up ok as I'm new to this forum stuff:

Image[/img]

Any ideas?

Also can anyone put a name to the set painter in the background?

Thanks
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Help needed! 'Emma' on set of Tara episode ?

Post by mousemeat »

A diabolical mastermind.. wrote:Hello All,
I hope this is the right place to post this, I am hoping that you can help me with A Minor Mystery...

I have a photo, taken on the set of 'Fog' which shows someone dressed as Emma Peel !
I'm not sure that it is really Diana ...
and anyway 'Fog' was a Tara episode... !?!
*confused and intriged*

I hope this scan shows up ok as I'm new to this forum stuff:

Image[/img]

Any ideas?

Also can anyone put a name to the set painter in the background?

Thanks
amazing find....i have no clue....but maybe something will turn up
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Good grief! Is it Cyd Child having a laff?

Along the lines of "Come Back Bill Hartnell, All is Forgiven" in the Dr Who series??
Last watched: "Concerto"
Nutshell

Ha ha!
I'd not considered that option!

I wondered if perhaps Diana herself still was friends with a lot of the Avengers crew and visited behind the scenes? She must have still been on good terms with a lot of the people she worked with over the years surely?

Perhaps more likely is that Diana's stunt double was still involved in the productions in some way and she still chose to dress like Emma when not doubling for Tara ?
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

It doesn't look like Diana to me--something about the face isn't quite right. It might be Cyd--she doubled for both Diana and Linda, but facially she can look a bit Dianaish at the right angle, and she did have Diana-length hair in season five, which she might not have cut when she started doubling for Linda (they could have put a wig on her just as easily as they did Linda). The build looks about right for Cyd, too. My guess would be it's either her, or a stand-in for Linda who's there to help them set up the lighting or something. I really can't see Diana having any reason to come back to the set after she'd wrapped Forget-Me-Not, especially since she would have been in the middle of filming OHMSS at the time. Fascinating shot, though. Thanks for sharing!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Nutshell

Aha!
I didn't know that Cyd had been double for both Diana and Tara and was just guessing a connection but that certainly seems a very likely explanation to me.
Thanks very much indeed for that info.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

I think the set dresser is likely to be Simon Wakefield, who was credited for this episode. I think she has to be Cyd Child as others have said, or Christine Galli as she is known today.
Last edited by MikeR on Sun May 11, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

A diabolical mastermind.. wrote:Aha!
I didn't know that Cyd had been double for both Diana and Tara and was just guessing a connection but that certainly seems a very likely explanation to me.
Yes, she went on to double for Joanna Lumley in The New Avengers as well, so she had a long history of the show. Happy to be of help! There's a good shot of Cyd from her time doubling for Diana (complete with flipped up Emma hair) here if you're interested. (Go to the second page for the picture).
MikeR wrote:I think the set dresser is likely to be Simon Wakefield, who was credited for this episode. I think she has to be Cyd Child as others have said, or Christine Galliford as she is known today.
I didn't know Cyd had changed her name. Do you know why she did, Mike? Is Galliford her married name?

MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
A diabolical mastermind.. wrote:Aha!
Yes, she went on to double for Joanna Lumley in The New Avengers as well, so she had a long history of the show. Happy to be of help! There's a good shot of Cyd from her time doubling for Diana (complete with flipped up Emma hair) here if you're interested. (Go to the second page for the picture).
MikeR wrote:I think the set dresser is likely to be Simon Wakefield, who was credited for this episode. I think she has to be Cyd Child as others have said, or Christine Galliford as she is known today.
I didn't know Cyd had changed her name. Do you know why she did, Mike? Is Galliford her married name?
I just edited my post as her surname is Galli and yes it is her married name. She was very helpful with Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots, telling me several annecdotes and confirming infomation. She also told me that most of her time nowadays is taken up with the running of a children's swimming club.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

MikeR wrote:I just edited my post as her surname is Galli and yes it is her married name. She was very helpful with Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots, telling me several annecdotes and confirming infomation. She also told me that most of her time nowadays is taken up with the running of a children's swimming club.
Thanks, Mike! Good to hear that Cyd was so helpful with the book, and that she's keeping her hand in fitness-wise. Hopefully she doesn't work those kids as hard when they're doing lengths as she did Gareth and Joanna during those infamous shuttle runs. :wink: