Elstree Studios model including The Avengers on YouTube

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Elstree Studios model including The Avengers on YouTube

Post by MikeR »

I came across a video of an Elstree Studios at Borehamwood working tram model layout, which includes a diorama of The Avengers being filmed (around the 2 minute mark) and thought that it would be of interest. Don’t know if trams ever ran past the studio at any time during its history, but I somehow doubt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QivmBLSn09k
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Haha, that's very cute!
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Its certainly different. It appears that someone has managed to merge several of their interests together. Trams, Elstree Studios, The Dambusters, Ice Cold in Alex and The Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MikeR wrote:Its certainly different. It appears that someone has managed to merge several of their interests together. Trams, Elstree Studios, The Dambusters, Ice Cold in Alex and The Avengers.
if so, a true labour of love
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

Great find Mike ! Love the location filming scene and the figure of Emma standing by the Bentley is perfect !
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Aw, look at the cute little Bentley and Steed and Emma! What a great little recreation. Thanks for posting it. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Anthony McKay
Little Wonder

Post by Anthony McKay »

Here is a preview of my model of the backlot, which I wanted to do in cardboard.

http://youtu.be/6iQ4lPZyiCg
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Anthony McKay wrote:Here is a preview of my model of the backlot, which I wanted to do in cardboard.

http://youtu.be/6iQ4lPZyiCg
I like this a lot. Tony its good that you have recreated this portion of Elstree Studios that appeared in so many episodes of the various series produced at the studio.

The bank appeared in The Morning After, so perhaps your readout could indicate what was shot where as the walk through proceeds?

Placing the backlot town into the correct area on the studio lot cannot have been easy, as their seems to be so little reference material available with regard to this. Please keep us informed of how this project develops.
Anthony McKay
Little Wonder

Post by Anthony McKay »

MikeR wrote:Placing the backlot town into the correct area on the studio lot cannot have been easy, as their seems to be so little reference material available with regard to this. Please keep us informed of how this project develops.
Most of the productions using the backlot town provide some evidence of where the actual location of each section was. There also plenty of photographic evidence available at the moment.

Fingers cross I'm hoping for a key piece of evidence of the early days of the set in the post soon.