Season 5: Another Creative Idea

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:My chapters are well in hand, as well, and I'm rather surprised how well I'm sticking to the word count so far! :lol: For the most part I'm around 2000, give or take a couple hundred words.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the angles I've found for the episodes that I didn't consciously choose to do, but picked up at the end when there were no other takers. It just goes to show that there's something to find and write about in every episode of this series. :D
that's also partly because you are a top writer!
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

lovely chapter just in from Frank Hui on The Correct Way to Kill, comparing it to The Charmers and placing it within the Cold War context. First class stuff! Please keep the chapters coming!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Rodders wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:My chapters are well in hand, as well, and I'm rather surprised how well I'm sticking to the word count so far! :lol: For the most part I'm around 2000, give or take a couple hundred words.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the angles I've found for the episodes that I didn't consciously choose to do, but picked up at the end when there were no other takers. It just goes to show that there's something to find and write about in every episode of this series. :D
that's also partly because you are a top writer!
Thank you, Rodney. I hope you'll enjoy the finished products. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

Rodders wrote:lovely chapter just in from Frank Hui on The Correct Way to Kill, comparing it to The Charmers and placing it within the Cold War context. First class stuff! Please keep the chapters coming!
Thanks for the kind words Rodney. I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Need to be away from the final work for a while before I can assess my feelings.

I am planning a different approach for the other episode I'm doing for the 2nd book.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

A flurry of activity, with 14 of the 25 chapters now in, edited and complete. Look out for arguably Timeless' best chapter to date, on Who's Who??? Keep them coming please folks!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Rodders wrote:A flurry of activity, with 14 of the 25 chapters now in, edited and complete. Look out for arguably Timeless' best chapter to date, on Who's Who??? Keep them coming please folks!
Thanks, Rodney. :) I'm working on my last Emma chapter, so whenever I finish it, it should be submitted well in advance of the deadline.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

It would be great to receive some more chapters during June as July and August I will be in France sans ordinateur (without computer) and will therefore be very busy editing at the end of August.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Hi Rodney,
Rich has been wanting to do a chapter for this book since I snapped Epic from him. So I gave him the Joker chapter which he is delighted to do. I think it will be great to have him as an author in this book as he did such a delightful chapter on the Cybernauts. I decided not to double on this since the book you say is already getting quite lengthy. Can't wait to read it Rich! Please send me a copy when you finish.
Your Anti
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

that's great. Can't wait for your take on Epic's twinned wedding/funeral scenes.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:that's great. Can't wait for your take on Epic's twinned wedding/funeral scenes.
Yes the photography and imagery on that scene were done impeccably especially for the 60's. And just plain old crazy putting those 2 polar scenes together, which really explained a lot about the villains who were shall we say, not terribly in touch with reality? (To put it mildly.)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."