Season 5: Another Creative Idea

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

As Sam pointed out in his Murder Market chapter, the Wedding and Funeral Marches are disturbingly similar. My father has the Groom humming the Wedding March while killing people. The show liked to combine the two.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

anti-clockwise wrote:Yes the photography and imagery on that scene were done impeccably especially for the 60's. And just plain old crazy putting those 2 polar scenes together, which really explained a lot about the villains who were shall we say, not terribly in touch with reality? (To put it mildly.)
That's not a surprising thing to say since the episode is a direct send-up of Sunset Boulevard which is a film already full of disturbed characters ripe for caricature
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

frank wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:Yes the photography and imagery on that scene were done impeccably especially for the 60's. And just plain old crazy putting those 2 polar scenes together, which really explained a lot about the villains who were shall we say, not terribly in touch with reality? (To put it mildly.)
That's not a surprising thing to say since the episode is a direct send-up of Sunset Boulevard which is a film already full of disturbed characters ripe for caricature
Epic was a wonderful parody on Sunset. Carol Burnett thought so too on her Sunset parody skit.
I haven't put too much thought into that scene yet as I haven't gotten very far into it.
I can't wait to read your take on the Correct Way to Kill. That is probably one of my favorite episodes and I loved your analysis from the last book.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Rest assured, Frank's new chapter is a cracker. I've already received at least four chapters which are even better than the best in Bright Horizons.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Ouch!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

When you read Dan's chapter on Return of the Cybernauts and Timeless' Who's Who??? you'll understand what I mean. I'm not sure that Avengers writing can get any better. (No offence intended to anyone. After all, I wrote a sizeable chunk of the first book!)
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Rodders wrote:When you read Dan's chapter on Return of the Cybernauts and Timeless' Who's Who??? you'll understand what I mean. I'm not sure that Avengers writing can get any better. (No offence intended to anyone. After all, I wrote a sizeable chunk of the first book!)
I'm very intrigued. I love Return of the Cybernauts, so I can't wait to see what he's done with it. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Rodders wrote:When you read Dan's chapter on Return of the Cybernauts and Timeless' Who's Who??? you'll understand what I mean. I'm not sure that Avengers writing can get any better. (No offence intended to anyone. After all, I wrote a sizeable chunk of the first book!)
I'm very intrigued. I love Return of the Cybernauts, so I can't wait to see what he's done with it. :D
Looking forward to reading yours too Timeless!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dan wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Looking forward to reading yours too Timeless!
We have lots of lovely reading to look forward to! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Frankymole wrote:Ouch!
Sorry, Frank. I simply mean that second time around - and having digested Bright Horizons - that everyone is probably more confident.