Diana Rigg

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Darren wrote:People have probably already seen this but it's still a good watch.

Mark Lawson interviewing Diana from 2011 on BBC4

Diana Rigg on Fame, Fans and Feminism:

http://youtu.be/zOWbGZjp04o
Problem is that Lawson is so patronising about The Avengers, talking about it like a Carry On film.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Indeed - Mark Lawson is patronising about everything! Quite ironic when he doesn't seem to actually know an awful lot about the cultural stuff he reports on.

He's been given the heave-ho from Front Row, the (BBC) radio show he sort-of co-founded and fronted up for years, allegedly there were ructions with some of the staff.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Indeed - Mark Lawson is patronising about everything! Quite ironic when he doesn't seem to actually know an awful lot about the cultural stuff he reports on.

He's been given the heave-ho from Front Row, the (BBC) radio show he sort-of co-founded and fronted up for years, allegedly there were ructions with some of the staff.
ouch. egomania and worse..sometimes, getting sacked, for all the wrong reasons
DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

My own little boast is doing a week as an extra on Game of Thrones last summer and getting to be in the same room (ok, sound stage...) as Diana. Also having a chance to exchange a few words with Julian Glover of Indiana Jones, Doctor Who and of course Avengers fame.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

DerekD wrote:My own little boast is doing a week as an extra on Game of Thrones last summer and getting to be in the same room (ok, sound stage...) as Diana. Also having a chance to exchange a few words with Julian Glover of Indiana Jones, Doctor Who and of course Avengers fame.
That's very exciting indeed! Did you manage to see Diana while you were there? And what did Julian Glover have to say? I always enjoy seeing him in things. :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

I did see Diana a few times both on set and off. She was quite demanding of the production staff in so far as they had to run on with a chair for her between every take!

Just chit-chat about the weather and such like with Julian. It's all a bit awkward because extras are not meant to speak to the actors - unless they speak to you first. I just happened to be stood next to him in a crowd scene.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DerekD wrote:I did see Diana a few times both on set and off. She was quite demanding of the production staff in so far as they had to run on with a chair for her between every take!

Just chit-chat about the weather and such like with Julian. It's all a bit awkward because extras are not meant to speak to the actors - unless they speak to you first. I just happened to be stood next to him in a crowd scene.
Diana's had some trouble with her knees in recent years, so perhaps that's why she needs to sit down between takes, just to give them a break.

That's neat you got to stand next to Julian and chat a bit, even if it's just about the weather. How did you manage to get to be an extra? Is it something you've done before?

DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

One of the few advantages of living in Northern Ireland is the booming film and TV industry here (thanks mainly to the success of Game of Thrones). I've done a few things but Game of Thrones is the only one that you will have heard of! There's an agency here that supplies all the extras. I just signed up with them last summer and got work straight away! (I was lucky). The beauty of Game of Thrones is that it requires a lot of extras. The production values on that show are extraordinarily high so it's an eductaion to be part of it. Just a hobby for me.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DerekD wrote:One of the few advantages of living in Northern Ireland is the booming film and TV industry here (thanks mainly to the success of Game of Thrones). I've done a few things but Game of Thrones is the only one that you will have heard of! There's an agency here that supplies all the extras. I just signed up with them last summer and got work straight away! (I was lucky). The beauty of Game of Thrones is that it requires a lot of extras. The production values on that show are extraordinarily high so it's an eductaion to be part of it. Just a hobby for me.
That sounds like lots of fun! Lucky you to be so close by to be able to participate. I know there are quite a lot of things shooting in Ireland these days, as you say. What other series/projects have you done? Someone on here might have heard of some of them.

DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

I did a day on a BBC thing called Line of Duty and a couple of days on an Irish show called Scup. Aside from that I was offered work on the new Dracula film and The Fall (BBC). Sadly, I have to fit it in around my day job so 6 weeks on Dracula wasn't exactly an option!