Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots: The Ultimate Avengers Book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

Anthony McKay wrote:We know Patrick was at the real location so why shoot him finding the body back at ABPC.
The most likely reason is that while the sequence was being edited after the series had left Pinewood for Elstree, they found they needed an additional shot of Patrick discovering the body, and rather than go all the way back to where the sequence was originally filmed they just shot a quick pick up on the backlot at ABC.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Any news on a release date?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Speed Six wrote:
Anthony McKay wrote:We know Patrick was at the real location so why shoot him finding the body back at ABPC.
The most likely reason is that while the sequence was being edited after the series had left Pinewood for Elstree, they found they needed an additional shot of Patrick discovering the body, and rather than go all the way back to where the sequence was originally filmed they just shot a quick pick up on the backlot at ABC.

creative film making
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Darren wrote:Any news on a release date?
I saw Mike today (and will again tomorrow) and I think he said it was being type set today so it can't be far away.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Indeed. Shouldn't be long... and everyone should buy this. Mike has done a shedload of research for it and knows his stuff.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

Great news. I'm really looking forward to this one
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Thanks to Mariocki and Alan for keeping everyone informed.

Just back from this year's Dead Man's Treasure Hunt event, where my team only managed one place better than last year... coming sixth.

Great weekend, which I'll talk about in more detail when I get a little more time, over on the other thread.

The new venue, the Premier Inn at Bricket Wood is an actual location seen in shots of various TV show filmed at Elstree during the sixties was a great choice and a good base of operations for the location visits and recreating the treasure hunt from the episode Dead Man's Treasure.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

MikeR wrote:Thanks to Mariocki and Alan for keeping everyone informed.

Just back from this year's Dead Man's Treasure Hunt event, where my team only managed one place better than last year... coming sixth.

Great weekend, which I'll talk about in more detail when I get a little more time, over on the other thread.

The new venue, the Premier Inn at Bricket Wood is an actual location seen in shots of various TV show filmed at Elstree during the sixties was a great choice and a good base of operations for the location visits and recreating the treasure hunt from the episode Dead Man's Treasure.
Just to update this, an email from Stephen James Walker of Telos Publishing this morning says that Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots will go to print at the end of this week and finished copies will become available within a fortnight after that.

My apologies for things taking so long, although this is partially because Stephen and I have been checking and cross-checking the information, the spelling of both character and crew names. In some instances this includes uncredited cast, stunt people and crew, plus filming locations and in some instances the dates when the units were at those locations.

At 352,000 words this is now so large that sometimes it took me over a week to check through the entire book and that included some 10 hour days. However, judging by the reaction from the Treasure Hunt event regarding various pieces of previously unknown information, I would say that nobody out there who is into The Avengers and The New Avengers will be disappointed.
Last edited by MikeR on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Absolutely, Mike. It is a book that every Avengers fan needs to own and read. 8)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Good news, as soon as there are some details available : front cover, price..., I will make some advertising on the French forum. There is no picture on Amazon.fr for instance and I do not know whether the picture on the first post of this topic is the one chosen to be issued.