Tara King's Season 6: a creative idea

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

great chapter in from Darren on My Wildest Dream which is an episode I have mixed feelings about. Volume 3 is in danger of overtaking Peel colour in terms of chapters submitted.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

This'll be interesting. I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts on this season. I'm sure it's all fair and balanced and will be an interesting read.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Rodders wrote:great chapter in from Darren on My Wildest Dream which is an episode I have mixed feelings about. Volume 3 is in danger of overtaking Peel colour in terms of chapters submitted.
I'm hoping to get time off in the next two or three weeks, so might have a reasonably-final draft of mine (ready for editorial judgement!) finished by then.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Wonderful chapter in from Piers on Requiem. The chapter matches the magnificence of the episode itself, one of my favourite Season 6 episodes.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Piers' new chapter on Requiem makes a fascinating suggestion about Steed's bombed out set/apartment:

"Given that only two episodes were produced after this one, I think we can safely assume that all the scenes in Steed’s unaltered flat for those two episodes, as well as for this one, were completed before the set was redressed and partly rebuilt for the bomb damage in this episode. Otherwise, they would have had to re-construct the set and redress it again, which seems unlikely given the tight production schedules that they had."
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

What's probably most likely is that the scenes of the ruined flat were filmed right at the end of the show's production, after all other episodes and possible reshoots had been completed.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

If I recall it was only Take Over and Bizarre that they had left to film (although with the amount of rushed overlapping, TO might have been made at the same time as Requiem) and neither use Steed's apartment.

Bizarre doesn't even use Tara's.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

good points. I'll adjust Piers' comments.
I'll be taking a laptop to France this summer so please carry on sending those episodes in!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

You're right, for some reason I thought part of the tag for Bizarre took place in Steed's flat.
Rodney, that'll save about 50 words off my chapter. Happy days!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

dissolute wrote:You're right, for some reason I thought part of the tag for Bizarre took place in Steed's flat.
Rodney, that'll save about 50 words off my chapter. Happy days!
and a damn fine chapter it is too!