Will there be Avengers Blu Rays?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Re: The Avengers op Blu Ray UK

Post by peabody »

avenger54 wrote:I mailed Studio Canal in the UK about the BD releases of The Avengers in the UK.
Brilliant news, avenger54! What e-mail address did you use? Maybe it would be a good idea to e-mail them about the previous DVD issues, such as the heavy-handed use of digital noise reduction and the lack of subtitles. If we all e-mail them we might get something done about it. :-)
modrevolve
Nutshell

Post by modrevolve »

I will be skipping the Lionsgate versions then. What is the best link for Series 4? Nothing up on Amazon UK?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: The Avengers op Blu Ray UK

Post by mousemeat »

avenger54 wrote:I mailed Studio Canal in the UK about the BD releases of The Avengers in the UK. Series 4 is scheduled for nov. 2014. This was their reply:

We intend to release Series 4,5 and 6 on blu-ray.

Series 4 – 7 discs (will also be released in France in november)
Series 5 – 7 discs
Series 6 – 9 discs

That is our intention at the moment…

hope they don't screw this up. it's maddening !
modrevolve
Nutshell

Post by modrevolve »

So now that we know Series 4-6 will be issued on Blu-ray, am I safe and buying off of Amazon UK the Optimum Series sets for 2 and 3 on DVD or is there still the potential for problems with the discs. I am assuming they have all been fixed yes?
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

For one, there were no errors with the Series 3 UK DVD set, so that is definitely safe.

The Series 1+2 set must be OK by now too, but there is of course absolutely no guarantee. You could get unlucky.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I wish they would remaster the Cathy episodes and get rid of those flies that buzz around the screen...
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

modrevolve wrote:So now that we know Series 4-6 will be issued on Blu-ray, am I safe and buying off of Amazon UK the Optimum Series sets for 2 and 3 on DVD or is there still the potential for problems with the discs. I am assuming they have all been fixed yes?
It should be okay, they fixed them ages ago. If you want to be sure, buy from Cavalcade-of-DVDs on Amazon which is Canal's own online vendor.
Last watched: "Concerto"
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

[email protected] is listed as the point of contact for the US release.

I added when I e-mailed her. "
"Looking at the press release of 1293 minutes / 3 = overs 7 hours of content per BD-50. Way too much content for any amount of quality. The most I have ever seen on a BD-50 is 4 - 4.5 hours of content for a BD-50. Keeps the bitrate around 20 mbps. It is especially disappointing that the UK and France have confirmed their release of season 4 and 5 will be 7 disc sets!"