The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Current Box Set vs 2001 DVD releases

Post by mousemeat »

marquon wrote:Newbie!

Apologies if this has already been covered, but... are there any differences (apart from being polished up/digitally remastered) between the two sets of releases? I'm thinking in terms of the individual episodes?

For example, are any episodes edited now that weren't, or were edited before but have been restored in the digital version?

Cheers.
shame that it was never offered for sale in the U.S.
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

mousemeat wrote:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but... are there any differences (apart from being polished up/digitally remastered) between the two sets of releases? I'm thinking in terms of the individual episodes?

For example, are any episodes edited now that weren't, or were edited before but have been restored in the digital version?

Cheers.
Agreed. I ordered the set via Amazon.uk. I'm very happy with the purchase.
I have pre ordered the season 5 blu ray set that is coming to the US.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Lando wrote:
mousemeat wrote:

Cheers.
Agreed. I ordered the set via Amazon.uk. I'm very happy with the purchase.
I have pre ordered the season 5 blu ray set that is coming to the US.
Lando, Season 5 is coming to US in bluray? Pray tell who and how much? last I heard season 4 was 56 GBP
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Jace
Thingumajig

Post by Jace »

season 5 blu-ray coming from A&E. Pre-order price $20.99.
http://spyvibe.blogspot.com/2014/08/ave ... u-ray.html
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Jace wrote:I finally bought the original Optimum 'book-style' 50th set. The image quality is superb! However, the speed/pitch of the voices are indeed a bit higher on my set in the US. Some of Diana Rigg's throaty charm is lost in translation. Hopefully I will get used to it. Also makes me hope for a US Blu-ray soon.

The binding seems slightly fragile. Did this set originally come inside a slipcase?

Best,
-Jason

i can't see a U.S. blu-ray release of all episodes....maybe series 4, etc...but the whole shooting match ? hard to say....and please do it right.....
peabody

Post by peabody »

Moviemail is currently selling this 39 disc set for £9.99. :shock:

http://www.moviemail.com/film/dvd/The-A ... eries-1-6/

They have a big sci-fi and fantasy sale at the moment, so grab a bargain. Complete sets of both The Champions and Catweazle are only £9.99!
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

peabody wrote:Moviemail is currently selling this 39 disc set for £9.99. :shock:
I'm not sure if that's a mistake - it's a bargain if not. I've ordered one anyway.
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

It was a mistake ... it's £99.99 now:

Hello,
We're sorry to inform you that we will not be able to fulfil your order for The Avengers: 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Box Set. An automated program mispriced this item so it appeared on the website at the incorrect price of £9.99.

When a mispricing takes place we will often honour the deal. However in this case the price difference is too large to make that feasible; £9.99 is a significantly lower than the price it costs us to obtain this item from the appropriate distributor. We have therefore cancelled your order. We apologise for your inconvenience and confirm that we have not charged your credit or debit card or, if you paid by PayPal that will be refunded asap.

As per our service charter and Terms and Conditions we retain the right not to fulfil any order for any reason whatsoever.

Please accept our apologies for the disappointment.
Yours,
The MovieMail Team
peabody

Post by peabody »

I assumed it was too good to be true, but it was worth a try!
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

actually 99.99 is a pretty good price as most of us paid more i think. but 9.99 wow that would have been sweet.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."