Best and Worst ?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Artanis wrote:I just watched "Gnaws" and it's the first Avengers episode where I couldn't find anything to like about it.
Have you endured "Trap" yet? :D
Last watched: "Concerto"
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Frankymole wrote:
Artanis wrote:I just watched "Gnaws" and it's the first Avengers episode where I couldn't find anything to like about it.
No, not yet but I'm sure it can't be much worse.
Allen
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

worse?

Post by mousemeat »

Artanis wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
by no means, one of the worse..but Mr.Teddy Bear, has always been a tough watch for me..i.e. the Mrs.Gale era
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Re: worse?

Post by Artanis »

mousemeat wrote:by no means, one of the worse..but Mr.Teddy Bear, has always been a tough watch for me..i.e. the Mrs.Gale era
"Mr Teddy Bear" was the first Cathy Gale episode I saw, so I wasn't used to the style of seasons 2 & 3, but it was a nice intro. to that era. And Mr. Teddy Bear is one of the best diabolical masterminds.
Allen
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

Mr. Teddy Bear was my first introduction to the Cathy Gale era too. I fell for it immediately, and I thought it was a very good episode.
Although I do agree that it takes some time to get used to the style of the Gale era, because by then I had only seen the Peel Colour episodes, which ofcourse couldn't be more different.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Artanis wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
You may be surprised :) Anyway I'd love to know what you think of it, when you get to it.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Frankymole wrote:You may be surprised :) Anyway I'd love to know what you think of it, when you get to it.
Yes, I'll post what I think about "Trap" when I watch it.
Allen
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Gnaws does seem to come in for a lot of criticsm. It is the worst of the first 13 episodes, but having said that I don't think it's so bad that it deserves to be called the worst ever TNA. That would clearly be The Gladiators. In fact Gnaws is better than a lot of season 2 episodes. it should have been so much better though. Rather than one huge rat which looked ridiculous on screen, it would have been far more menacing and realistic to have had a swarm of normal sized rats that followed a pack instinct for their kill, as in the brilliant Rats trilogy by James Herbert.
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Frankymole wrote:
Artanis wrote:
Frankymole wrote: Have you endured "Trap" yet? :D
You may be surprised :) Anyway I'd love to know what you think of it, when you get to it.
Well, I just watched “Trap.” I was expecting it to be a total disaster, however, I didn’t think it was that bad, even though the plot isn’t very good and Terry Wood was badly miscast. I did enjoy the scenes with Steed, Purdey and Gambit running through the forrest.

“Gnaws” is still the worst that I’ve seen, so far. It’s the only episode were I didn’t care what happened, I just wanted it to end.
Allen
waldotyson
Thingumajig

Post by waldotyson »

Best: From Venus w/ Love
Escape in Time
The See Through man

Worst: The Joker
Who's Who?
"Welcome my lord. Allow me."