Dave Rogers' books

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

Have found my copy of The Complete Avengers at last!
As well as Patrick Macnee and Linda Thorson's signatures there's Michael Latimer who, as you know, was The Positive-Negative Man and appeared, I think, in A Touch Of Brimstone...

"Brown hyphen Fitcth. Is the Fitcth spelt with a small F or a big one?"
"A big F."
"It suits you."
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

How did you get all these signatures Mike? And what did it say about being on the same page as Pat? Very nice quite special memorabilia you have 8)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

"Honoured to be on the same page as dear Patrick"... :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Mike's Gambit wrote:Have found my copy of The Complete Avengers at last!
As well as Patrick Macnee and Linda Thorson's signatures there's Michael Latimer who, as you know, was The Positive-Negative Man and appeared, I think, in A Touch Of Brimstone...
He certainly did! And The New Avengers "Angels of Death", as well. I guess you knew that as he signed your "Avengers Anew" book too :)

Lovely looking book - enhanced by the signatures. Other shows of which I'm a fan seem to have stars who scrawl all over the covers and nearly ruin them ;)
Last edited by Frankymole on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

anti-clockwise... Patrick actually signed the book twice. First time using a gold metallic marker at a Forbidden Planet signing when the black briefcase video selection came out. I got the book home and opened it up only to find the marker hadn't quite dried and had stuck the pages together and smudged the signature!
I got him to sign it again on the page before (which is shown) when he appeared at a signing at London's Virgin Megastore in Oxford Street some years ago.
Michael Latimer I got to know very briefly, as I went to drama school with his daughter, and discovered he lived round the corner from me in Fulham.
Alan quoted Michael's comment correctly, which I thought was a nice touch.
Sometimes I would check out who was appearing as a guest on some BBC radio programmes or other functions in London, then arm myself with the appropriate publication or stills (if I had some suitable for signing).
It doesn't happen quite so often now I'm just outside the capital. Sob.
Thanks Frankymole. Yes, some actors do go a little OTT with the marker! But I treasure everything!
"Brown hyphen Fitcth. Is the Fitcth spelt with a small F or a big one?"
"A big F."
"It suits you."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Mike's Gambit wrote:Have found my copy of The Complete Avengers at last!

very nice find...been a long time since I've seen a copy.....