Cyd Child

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Cyd Child

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

dissolute wrote:
lostntime wrote:This query may have already been addressed in this thread or elsewhere, and if so please pardon.

The scene in the reading room early on when the murder occurs and no one interrupts reading...there is a woman, back to the camera, wearing a yellow dress who has the build of Diana as well as her hair color and cut. Was the lady Cyd?
Good question! We never see her face. I don't *think* it's Cyd Child but I've been wrong before.
I took a look myself, but really it could be anyone. I was going to suggest that it would be unlikely that a stunt double was allowed to be a body double - British unions and all that - but I read that Cyd was a body double for both Diana and Linda for the 'he likes his tea stirred anticlockwise' scene on the stairs in TFMK. So anything is possible.

I've liked Cyd from the moment I read her interview in one of the Stay Tuned mags - or was it spread over two issues? Heartily recommended. She seems a delightful lady.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I didn't know Cyd doubled on the staircase scene. :shock: Do you remember where you read that?

It does seem odd that they'd use a stunt double for body doubling, especially when Diana had a body double already--the sadly late Diane Enright. Perhaps she's the one in the Murdersville scene.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

It may have been a blog I think and only in the last few days so it might be on my browsing history. I think it said it was just to set up the lighting, but I'll back peddle and see if I can find it.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:It may have been a blog I think and only in the last few days so it might be on my browsing history. I think it said it was just to set up the lighting, but I'll back peddle and see if I can find it.
There are usually lighting doubles (separate from the body doubles) for the stars as well, but then again they might have been slack about that sort of thing and just used whoever was there. Or it might have been the case that, because they were in the rare situation of having two leading ladies, they didn't bother hiring a second body double since they were never going to use her again, so they just pulled in Cyd. I'd be interested to read the blog. :)

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

No luck so far. Typical. I tend to race through Avengers websites looking for suitable pics to blot and daub. That tidbit just caught my eye for a sec but I know they were on a very tight schedule filming the crossover so time would be of the essense.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:It may have been a blog I think and only in the last few days so it might be on my browsing history. I think it said it was just to set up the lighting, but I'll back peddle and see if I can find it.
There are usually lighting doubles (separate from the body doubles) for the stars as well, but then again they might have been slack about that sort of thing and just used whoever was there. Or it might have been the case that, because they were in the rare situation of having two leading ladies, they didn't bother hiring a second body double since they were never going to use her again, so they just pulled in Cyd. I'd be interested to read the blog. :)
yes, it would..lots of great side stories and angles on the show/production.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:No luck so far. Typical. I tend to race through Avengers websites looking for suitable pics to blot and daub. That tidbit just caught my eye for a sec but I know they were on a very tight schedule filming the crossover so time would be of the essense.
No problem, Dandy. It's an interesting tidbit, that's all. If Cyd was involved, I'm sure it was because they needed to pull someone in for a one-off or the like--it was a strange episode, having two Avengers girls and all. I can see Cyd chipping in to help things along. :)

why bother
Thingumajig

Post by why bother »

Have just heard that Cyd Child passed away last year, does anyone know any details?
Little Storping Museum. The Online museum of Television. www.murdersville.co.uk
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

why bother wrote:Have just heard that Cyd Child passed away last year, does anyone know any details?
No she's alive and well according to Mike Richardson. Under another thread titled older but brilliant, he mentions I believe she is teaching a swimming program to children.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

I exchanged emails with Cyd (aka Christine) in July when she thanked me for sending her a copy of Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots.

I sincerely hope nothing has happened to her.