Dead Man's Treasure Hunt - locations and news

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

I've also registered to attend this year's DMTH and Chris Bentley confirmed my booking yesterday also. Last year was the first time I had attended and really enjoyed the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in June :D
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Hmm...I'd better get on and try and sort some locations to visit. I haven't forgotten about posting the pics from last year but I just haven't had the time. I will get around to it eventually.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Tara46 wrote:I've also registered to attend this year's DMTH and Chris Bentley confirmed my booking yesterday also. Last year was the first time I had attended and really enjoyed the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in June :D
Tara

I look forward to seeing you again.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

I though we might have had some discussion regarding this year's Dead Man's Treasure Hunt event, the only annual Avengers and New Avengers event in the entire world.

This topic was extremely popular last year and there was considerable interest shown in both the format and history of it.

Perhaps people could come at it from another angle and tell us why they don't want to attend this?
Last edited by MikeR on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceship Dispatcher

Post by Spaceship Dispatcher »

I would have loved to have attended this, especially having been to one of Chris Bentley's well organised Fanderson conventions, but I'm actually going to be in Yorkshire that weekend; too far away to even join you briefly I'm afraid...
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

I've just tried to post up some images from last year but toggling between tabs I lost them all so I'll just do them individually :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

First stop Starveacres, which featured in Have Guns - Will Haggle, Something Nasty in The Nursery and Small Game For Big Hunters amongst others:

"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

that's remarkable Geoff. The photos really capture Avengerland well. I always find it amazing how well preserved Avengerland is. No one seems to remodel. It remains untouched.
Mike and I discussed Rockford Files locations awhile ago and virtually nothing is recognizable. This will be my first attendance so I hope we can go to just a few of the traditional locations. I must see the Murdersville location but perhaps it can be a side trip since I am sure everyone has already seen it.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."