The Dissolute Avengers website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
MaccaJack
Nutshell

Post by MaccaJack »

OMG I loveee that website.

I surf through the costume galleries aimlessly without a care in the world.

It must of taken you ages, and it really is appreciated.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

15 years and counting...
I've just finished reworking the Tara episodes, which leaves me the following to do list:
  • season four episode descriptions
  • more images of the cars - esp. Tara & New Aven gers
  • Expand the fashions to cover Tara, Steed & New Avengers
  • ditto for earlier seaons
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I'll be very interested in the seeing the updates.

I always have your site bookmarked, and I apologise for using some of your images over her - I do send a link when I remember... :oops:
Last edited by Dandy Forsdyke on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

dissolute wrote:15 years and counting...
I've just finished reworking the Tara episodes, which leaves me the following to do list:

Just when you think it almost can't, it gets better. I especially like the trivia pages.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Allard wrote:
Just when you think it almost can't, it gets better. I especially like the trivia pages.
Thanks, Allard.
I woke up this morning with two new ideas - I've saved my original tongue-in-cheek precis of the episodes and the Emma Peel colour ones are on the trivia pages for them.

My new ideas:
  • do the same for the Tara precis
  • make them appear as a "pop-over" description when you roll over the episodes in the index.
I'll add it to my list - should be quite simple, so it'll bump some of the earlier items, I'm afraid.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I'll be very interested in the seeing the updates.

I always have your site bookmarked, and I apologise for using some of your images over her - I do send a link when I remember... :oops:
Thanks, I don't mind if people use my images for their own use, just not commercially. (I briefly turned on blocking for hotlinks a few years ago, but a day later turned it off again).

Hmmm, it's time I got over those Dutch DVDs but... the Aussies sent me a couple of free sets when they used my material (and asked first); the Dutch pretended they'd come up with the graphics themselves, [sarcasm starts here] magically using the same antique tv set fom an online museum and the same static interference pattern [sarcasm ends] and had no interest in providing me with a copy of the set. They told me I didn't own the original tv set image so I had no right to question their use of my copy, which is like saying Warhol didn't own Campbell's soup...

Rude, I call it.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

dissolute wrote:
Rude, I call it.
Very rude!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

dissolute wrote:15 years and counting...
I'd love it if you expanded the fashion section to include the other eras. I've passed many an hour browsing through the images. I have lots of papers next term--give me reasons to procrastinate! :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: I'd love it if you expanded the fashion section to include the other eras. I've passed many an hour browsing through the images. I have lots of papers next term--give me reasons to procrastinate! :wink:
Okay, I'll see what I can do, I should have all the grabs on CD somewhere. I more or less stopped work on the fashions when it came to inserting Steed's suits for Season Five. Much as I love them, they just weren't as interesting - probably because they didn't have Diana Rigg in them.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I'd kill for one of Steed's suits, but they are much the same from episode to episode.

OTOH I could imagine people tuning in, wondering what Cathy/Emma/Tara/Purdey was going to wear this week.