Series 5 Blu-ray UK/German release (June 2015)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Noel
Little Wonder

Post by Noel »

Mark A wrote:Watched some of this yesterday - interestingly, no splash screen with an option to select German this time (nor German subs/soundtrack that I can find) so appears to not be a direct port of the German release this time round.

Menu is a different design and an improvement, and although my initial impression was that the opening titles were a bit soft and over-brightened, the episode itself (The Fear Merchants) looked great, although there is always the unfortunate drop in quality when fades or dissolves are employed on the shot. Sometimes I wonder if the colour is a little too bright (the grass in the stadium is VERY green!) but, on balance, I think the series suits the high saturation well.

In summary, very pleased to have it - roll on S6 and, maybe one day, my personal favourite - The New Avengers!
So there was no sound issues like there was on the Dvd's.
The Avengers will always be in my heart like it always will be in your's

ABC Your Weekend Television in The North & The Midlands

Last Listed To: "Dragonfield"

Last Watched: "Dial a Deadly Number"
peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by peabody »

No pitch sound issues, according to a nice review over at Roobarb's. But the noise reduction is still there, it seems.
Noel
Little Wonder

Post by Noel »

peabody wrote:No pitch sound issues, according to a nice review over at Roobarb's. But the noise reduction is still there, it seems.
Thank you for that. Do you think it is worth waiting for a complete box set or to get the two out now and get the next set when it comes out.
The Avengers will always be in my heart like it always will be in your's

ABC Your Weekend Television in The North & The Midlands

Last Listed To: "Dragonfield"

Last Watched: "Dial a Deadly Number"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

JohnSteedFr wrote:Nice to see new treats will be offered on the bluray edition. We might get additional content for Series 6. I hope so, anyway! :)
yes, indeed...now only if say LIONSGATE in the U.S. would offer this...
peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by peabody »

NOEL wrote:
peabody wrote:No pitch sound issues, according to a nice review over at Roobarb's. But the noise reduction is still there, it seems.
Thank you for that. Do you think it is worth waiting for a complete box set or to get the two out now and get the next set when it comes out.
I have no idea, but I can't imagine a big box set being cheaper than buying these sets individually. Studio Canal releases are always really expensive and they almost never drop in price. And who knows if they will ever release series 4-6 in a box set anyway?

I'm pretty sure I heard that Lionsgate have no plans to issue series 4 or 6 in the US.
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

Link the above review please, did a search and can't find the site. Link any new reviews of the Avengers series 5 bluray review for that matter.
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

timlamb wrote:
Link the above review please, did a search and can't find the site. Link any new reviews of the Avengers series 5 bluray review for that matter.
It didn't seem too hard to find to me:
http://www.zetaminor.com/roobarb/showth ... ost1930867
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

I live in the U.S. that could have been the problem.
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

mousemeat wrote:
JohnSteedFr wrote:Nice to see new treats will be offered on the bluray edition. We might get additional content for Series 6. I hope so, anyway! :)
yes, indeed...now only if say LIONSGATE in the U.S. would offer this...
I hate to sound crass, but the odds of getting series 4 and 6 in the US just went up substantially with the death of Patrick Macnee. Definitely watching some series 4 avengers on bluray in his honor.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Darren wrote:We live in hope for The New Avengers to get some amazing restoration. I'm sure it would look stunning!
here ! here! that would be a lovely treat..to restore...I'm all for it.

U.S. release,please !