Avengers bluray boxset the complete series?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

timlamb
Thingumajig

Avengers bluray boxset the complete series?

Post by timlamb »

I personally would love a complete series boxset of The Avengers on bluray total or series 1-3 on dvd and 4-6 on bluray. Ideally put in the same box as the 50th Anniversary Avengers dvd set. Seasons 1-3 could easily fit on 4 bluray discs in SD. I want the entire series but the boxset for dvd anyway is 1/2 the price of the individual seasons.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: Avengers bluray boxset the complete series?

Post by Alan »

timlamb wrote:I personally would love a complete series boxset of The Avengers on bluray total or series 1-3 on dvd and 4-6 on bluray. Ideally put in the same box as the 50th Anniversary Avengers dvd set. Seasons 1-3 could easily fit on 4 bluray discs in SD. I want the entire series but the boxset for dvd anyway is 1/2 the price of the individual seasons.
I can imagine there being a film years Blu-ray set, but it'd be difficult to sell a complete series set with 50-odd episodes in SD when those episodes have been available on DVD for over 5 years now.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
ikbtops
Little Wonder

Post by ikbtops »

At this point with the other filmed series given a proper HD transfer, I'm more anxious to get "The New Avengers" on blu ray as well. Does studioc anal own the distribution rights to these?
Last edited by ikbtops on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

There have been releases on blu-ray where the non-HD items were simply packed onto fewer disks, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. I agreee that getting The New Avengers properly released would be great, but I don't think Studiocanal own (all) the rights.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

dissolute wrote:I agreee that getting The New Avengers properly released would be great, but I don't think Studiocanal own (all) the rights.
They do.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger