Game quiz: Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

cyberrich wrote:I've got #3! :) It's Who was that man I saw you with. One of my favourite Tara episodes. I've seen it so many times, the Mona Lisa clue jumped straight out at me.

Is #1 Have guns will haggle :?: I seem to remember a surprise explosion towards the end of the episode where Tara was held captive in a shed.

Is #8 Invasion of the Earthmen, I'm thinking space suit here.

Is #2 Death at bargain prices :?:

Thanks for the clues. :) Still working on #5 and 7. Loving this game. It really makes you think about the episodes in a new way.
Haha I love these games too. I am only one step ahead of you Rich. The German translations are tricky.#3 is right on the money Rich! Well done. #1 is not the one but here's a trivial clue.

#1. The eccentric in this episode can tell the Avengers nothing about the previous night's events as he had been lured into a wild goose chase for an 1892 Jubilee edition water cistern: “When I got there, it was a practical joke. Final insult – ....... Had to take a bus. A bus!”

#2 Is as always with you-spot on!
#8 I'm afraid is not invasion of earthmen. I hope I am giving you the right clue as I have not seen this in awhile! :oops: You are on the right track with THe Winged Avenger as it involves a mad scientist who is passionately in love with his inventions. I am not 100 percent sure about the suit!
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

My apologies Rich. THe accurate translation for #7 is "Speed at 160 from the start". THank you Denis for correcting.
Last edited by anti-clockwise on Tue May 31, 2016 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Speed :!: Aha, is #7 Dead man's treasure Margo :?:
Is #5 Stay tuned? I'm thinking of Steed going on holiday.
Is #8 The see through man :?:
Rich.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

cyberrich wrote:Speed :!: Aha, is #7 Dead man's treasure Margo :?:
Rich.
Now that makes more sense! Yes Rich. Perfect. #7 is Deadman's Treasure. #5 is correct Stay Tuned. I thought you would come up with that one as I thought you did that chapter for Rodney?

Rich I am so embarrassed :oops: but I was confusing the episodes myself. Yes you are correct that the episode I described was see through man but yet it is not the correct answer for #8 and that may be my fault so I will make it hopefully easy for you. Frankly I am uncertain if there even is a suit in this one?? but the meaning in German does indeed seem to be Deadly Suit.

Here's a clue: Steed advises Mrs. Peel in the tag, "Don't fight it Mrs. Peel--we're inseparable", after they both get stuck together to his Bentley.

#1 may be a bad translation but it might mean 'this time with bombshell"
So it just leaves #1 and #8 Rich. If you need more clues let me know.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Only 2 more to go!
Last edited by anti-clockwise on Tue May 31, 2016 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

anti-clockwise wrote:
Rich.
Now that makes more sense! Yes Rich. Perfect. #7 is Deadman's Treasure. #5 is correct Stay Tuned. I thought you would come up with that one as I thought you did that chapter for Rodney?

Rich I am so embarrassed :oops: but I was confusing the episodes myself. Yes you are correct that the episode I described was see through man but yet it is not the correct answer for #8 and that may be my fault so I will make it hopefully easy for you. Frankly I am uncertain if there even is a suit in this one?? but the meaning in German does indeed seem to be Deadly Suit.

Here's a clue: Steed advises Mrs. Peel in the tag, "Don't fight it Mrs. Peel--we're inseparable", after they both get stuck together to his Bentley.

8 & 1 : The Positive Negative Man and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Station!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

dissolute wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:
Rich.

Rich I am so embarrassed :oops: but I was confusing the episodes myself. Yes you are correct that the episode I described was see through man but yet it is not the correct answer for #8 and that may be my fault so I will make it hopefully easy for you. Frankly I am uncertain if there even is a suit in this one?? but the meaning in German does indeed seem to be Deadly Suit. And what was the

8 & 1 : The Positive Negative Man and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Station!
Quite good Piers. both correct. Now I have a question for you. Is there a "Deadly Suit" in Positive negative man? (that was the German title for it) And #1 "THis time with Bombshell" for Funny thing happened on the way to the train station.... what scene had a bombshell or bang? Many thanks! :D
Last edited by anti-clockwise on Tue May 31, 2016 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Mini Avenger botany quiz :

Die Zauberwurze meaning The Magic Root

Mörderischer Löwenzahn--Murderous Dandelion
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

anti-clockwise wrote:
dissolute wrote: 8 & 1 : The Positive Negative Man and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Station!
Quite good Piers. both correct. Now I have a question for you. Is there a "Deadly Suit" in Positive negative man? (that was the German title for it) And #1 "THis time with Bombshell" for Funny thing happened on the way to the train station.... what scene had a bombshell or bang? Many thanks! :D
Well, they're both long shots - Peter Haworth wears a non-conductive greasepaint and a metal finger, with grey coat and rubber boots in PNM.
In Funny Thing, the plot revolves around putting a bomb in the Prime Minister's train carriage (watch out, David Cameron!)
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

dissolute wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:
dissolute wrote: 8 & 1 : The Positive Negative Man and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Station!
Well, they're both long shots - Peter Haworth wears a non-conductive greasepaint and a metal finger, with grey coat and rubber boots in PNM.
In Funny Thing, the plot revolves around putting a bomb in the Prime Minister's train carriage (watch out, David Cameron!)
Thanks Piers. Those 2 were the toughest. Positive Negative Man was not really known for its suit like say Winged Avenger. Congrats to Rich as well.