Quiz Time: De Wrekers (Dutch version of game)

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Too Easy! I'll leave it to someone else to work out.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Death's Door. I know about the small op in Takeover as I wrote the chapter on it for Rodney!-- but somehow I missed it. I began to think it was not a medical operation they were referring to.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

anti-clockwise wrote:Death's Door. I know about the small op in Takeover as I wrote the chapter on it for Rodney!-- but somehow I missed it. I began to think it was not a medical operation they were referring to.
Unfortunately, it's not Death's Door, Margo. :wink:
Yes, it was a trick question about a small operation - the title sounds like if it was decided that the audience in Netherlands should remember mainly Circe and her operation on Groom and attempt for Tara, than Christmas in February, competitions, hunt in woods, etc. :D Fun. I do not know why, but I never really had not thought of these Circe's operations at all, when remebering the episode.
Denis
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

thanks Denis. Glad it was not just me that missed that. It seems obvious after the fact. :lol: Well I guess piers will have to answer this last one.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I'm not answering it, but I'll give you a hint: Nigel Farrage is in fact a certain Dr Grindley.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Oh, blimey.... no-one?
Well, I think it's A Sense of History which is about Boris Johnson and Michael Gove plotting to scupper a plan for a united Europe that would bring about peace and prosperity for all. Their counter-plan had a "whiff of jack boots" and was fueled by racism and fear.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

dissolute wrote:Oh, blimey.... no-one?
Well, I think it's A Sense of History which is about Boris Johnson and Michael Gove plotting to scupper a plan for a united Europe that would bring about peace and prosperity for all. Their counter-plan had a "whiff of jack boots" and was fueled by racism and fear.
Exactly, Piers, plan on the new Europe that is trying to burst out the walls of the institution. :D Boris Johnson and Michael Gove? This could be an interesting basis for filmmakers to a new version of the episode as actual blockbuster. :lol: I would definitely like to see this.

Current game over, dear viewers, and now we come to the supergame, which will cover the episode titles in multiple languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Korean, Hebrew, Polish and even Russian. Absolutely Fantastic! Yes, it's all waiting for you very soon, in a brand new unforgettable show - do not miss it. :wink:
We also prepared for you a small surprise :) - highlight what sets us apart from other similar shows - supergame will go on another channel. If you bought a package of satellite channels from the company Avengerland +, you can not worry about it, channel is available. If not - quickly run to our specialty stores for purchase until the show has not started yet. :!:
New very attractive supergame will be run in half an hour on the channel "Games round-the-clock". :)

Link: :wink:

http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... rsfanforum
Denis