Last Of The Cybernauts...? (Replica)

Your mission is to post, highlight and discuss Avengers fan fiction, art and other creative endeavours!
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Ian

So did the costume department had two Cybernauts heads?

Could the one without the holes have the glasses superglued to the headpiece?
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

MikeR wrote:Ian

So did the costume department had two Cybernauts heads?

Could the one without the holes have the glasses superglued to the headpiece?
They must have had more than two, at least four can be seen at one point during the episode. Plus the one sold by Prop Store hasn't got any holes in the temples where the glasses arms would have entered. Odd that they used the one with glued on glasses for the fight sequence on the stairs when the head with the glasses securely wired into the skull would presumably have been more secure. I think I'll go for the wired in version just because it's a contrast to the Avengers style head I've already made.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Anyway another part of the 'Last Of' prop display finished :)

ImageImageImage

Harder than I had imagined that, 1970's aerosol cans were obviously a slightly different design on top to those used today as I couldn't find a match anywhere. I had to spent a few hours in the work shop customising a modern tile foam cleaner can to match the ones seen on screen. Good for 100 and 1 uses ... actually make that 102 :wink:

Purdeys' gun I fear will be much more of a struggle :?
Last edited by Avengerholic on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Ian

Yes, as Steed pointed out... 102!
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

That's terrific Ian. I wish I could get a lesson in prop design from you! :lol:
So which version of the cybernaut do you like better? I kind of fancy the original with the black plastic glasses.
So what is "Blue Peter"? I gather some sort of technique?
I just Love the plastic skin??!!!!!! Is this what they used in the old days? In any case, Sounds like you are half Hollywood prop designer and half Dr. Frankenstein! :lol: :lol: You are creating quite the monster. 8)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Blue Peter is a children's tv show in the UK where they often make stuff using household items like egg cartons and cereal packets. And, of course, sticky back plastic.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

I was fascinated by this. I didn't realise until today, when I saw for the first time The Cybernauts in HD on the cinema screen that the heads used in the first story actually had silver stockings pulled completely over them. This wasn't done in 'Return of' or 'Last Of' but it can be seen here very clearly ! You can see the seam running over the head, stretch marks at the neck and around the eyes, and the stocking is very clear where it bridges the base of the nose and top lip. Very much like the original Cybermen. I've never noticed this on the TV not even in HD.

Last edited by Avengerholic on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Wow, good observation Ian. It does not look quite as professional as it would have seemed. Looks more like a cybernaut robbing a bank with a stocking over their head. But TA were always the quintessential at creating the absurd. 8)

Wonder what the purpose of it was?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

anti-clockwise wrote:Wonder what the purpose of it was?
I have no idea, it seems completely unnecessary and it's unnoticeable unless viewed in HD. It serves no purpose at all as far as I can tell.
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Maybe to stop the studio lights reflecting off them and dazzling the camera?
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."