Diana Rigg Replacement Screentests

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Richy
Nutshell

Post by Richy »

I agree Mousemat. Its interesting to imagine what might have been though....
highflyingbird
White Dwarf

Post by highflyingbird »

mousemeat wrote:
Richy wrote:Mike R, I can see Jane Merrow in the role, also I think Valerie Van Ost, Reed and Peach would have been good too. Would love to have been able to see the complete list of actresses who were considered. Alas I guess we will never know.
myself, Van Ost would have been fine, but hey, Thorson was the best possible replacement
Yes! This! Poor old Linda comes in for a lot of bashing sometimes, and lets face it most of the time it's simply because she isn't Diana Rigg/Emma Peel. Well, neither would any of those other girls have been. I think Linda Thorson did a fantastic job, the Tara King season is one of my very favourites and I do think, though of course it's natural to speculate on things that might have been, that it's a little disrespectful to the actress when so many people express the opinion that they wished someone else would have played the role. Personally I'm very happy with how things turned out, the only disappointment for me is that the show never came back for another series. Perhaps Tara-bashers also blame her in part for the series' cancellation?
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

mousemeat wrote: myself, Van Ost would have been fine
Hens teeth, I couldn't think of anyone worse. She drives me nuts in D T !