The WORST Episode

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
guntram
White Dwarf

Post by guntram »

I agree ...homicide and old lace is Terrible!!!
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

guntram wrote:I agree ...homicide and old lace is Terrible!!!
Amen! It's the only episode that I refused to finish. It was either turn it off, or gouge out my eyeballs. . .
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Homicide and Old Lace is an awkward fusion of two styles. The new footage directed by John Hough with Mother and his Aunts starts well and is fairly amusing at times but it jars with the John Bryce produced footage. It's Clemens trying to turn the Bryce footage into something funny but he can't do it - it comes over as him pointing a finger and laughing at what they did. I don't think the Great Great Britain Crime would have been that bad in its own context.

The tag scene comes across like it was improvised live with them corpsing before the credits.
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Rodney wrote:Invasion of the Earthmen is not unlike Superlative Seven in terms of atmosphere and style. Not great, but by no means the worst.
I agree, Rodney. It's a bad episode but there are episodes from season 2 that I think are worse.
Allen
ricardomartins
Thingumajig

Post by ricardomartins »

I kinda like the eerie atmosphere in Invasion of the Earthmen, and the music by Laurie Johnson is brilliant.

Though Tara is by far the worst of Steed's partners, there are some pretty bad episodes in season 2 (those with Venus and Dr.King).
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Crikey, Tara is the worst - worse than Venus Smith??

I find Venus Smith to be the worst. I'd never be so arrogant as to state she is the worst, absolutely.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Of course Tara wasn't the worst. Nothing wrong with her. I wish people would give her a chance. Season 6 was great. I would say Venus Smith is the worst, but then was she really an Avenger? I would say definitely not. I think the only people to have heard of her will be on this forum.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Worst episode is Homicide and old lace. Followed by all the Venus Smith and Dr King episodes. They are so boring and amateurish I can't believe people like them. You don't really find the classics until season 3, though Mauritius Penny from season 2 is superb.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I think we should celebrate the best, not pull apart the so-called 'worst' anyway.

And, as I've said before my guilty pleasure are those John Bryce episodes and would love to see his 90 minute TK pilot proper.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

cyberrich wrote:You don't really find the classics until season 3, though Mauritius Penny from season 2 is superb.
I really don't agree. there may be some fairly tedious episodes in series 2 but there are some really quality ones as well. I adore The Golden Eggs, Bullseye, Mr Teddy Bear, A Chorus of Frogs, Death of a Great Dane, Conspiracy of Silence, Dead on Course, Intercrime, Warlock and even Man in the Mirror.