Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
highflyingbird
White Dwarf

Post by highflyingbird »

I've always found it very curious that when Tara slides down the ladder from the dead photographer's window and then gives Steed a little wave from the ground, she has a completely different hair style at the bottom from the one she departed with! Curls at the top, combed flat at the bottom! Always wonder how no one picked up on that at the time.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Near the end of Noon Doomsday the panic-stricken Lyall bursts in to Sir Rodney's room and rips the stylus across the record he's playing - but it's a different record to what he'd put on a moment earlier, despite the same music still playing.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

dissolute wrote:Near the end of Noon Doomsday the panic-stricken Lyall bursts in to Sir Rodney's room and rips the stylus across the record he's playing - but it's a different record to what he'd put on a moment earlier, despite the same music still playing.
WoW, that's a subtle one I'd never have noticed. I still think the most blatant one is the dolly wheel in camera shot during You Have Just Been Murdered.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

dissolute wrote:Near the end of Noon Doomsday the panic-stricken Lyall bursts in to Sir Rodney's room and rips the stylus across the record he's playing - but it's a different record to what he'd put on a moment earlier, despite the same music still playing.
:shock: Wow, Thanks, Piers. I never noticed that, too, though the difference is noticeable even to the naked eye. Wonder if there can to see the titles of these vinyl records by the Blu Ray edition? :wink: I checked on DVD Optimum and could not identify. :(
Denis
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Emma Peel's shadow is reflected against the studio photographic backdrop of the golf course in The 13th Hole.
highflyingbird
White Dwarf

Post by highflyingbird »

highflyingbird wrote:I've always found it very curious that when Tara slides down the ladder from the dead photographer's window and then gives Steed a little wave from the ground, she has a completely different hair style at the bottom from the one she departed with! Curls at the top, combed flat at the bottom! Always wonder how no one picked up on that at the time.
I copied and pasted this from the episode review thread of Super Secret Cypher Snatch, if that wasn't clear!!
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

'Split' Rook shoots Barnes dead in front of Steed BEFORE Rook even enters the room.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

That's a pretty badly directed scene - it's supposed to suggest that Rook was coming in the door and shot Barnes to stop him telling Steed anything but they fluffed it.

So too the camerawork in much of The Interrogators where they struggle to keep the boom mic out of shot. It appears so often it ought to have been billed in the closing credits!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

The Joker,

Mein Liebling
Mein Rose

Apparently it should be

Mein Liebling
Meine Rose
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Was watching "Never Never Say Die" earlier, for the first time in a number of years.

When Steed goes into Dr Stone's house, it's obvious that the countryside you see through the open front door is fake (matte painting).