Diana & Patrick at the Emmys 1967

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Diana & Patrick at the Emmys 1967

Post by DiVicenzo »

I think this was the 2nd year Diana was robbed of her Emmy by Barbara (Wooden) Bain.

This in found by 'cariheart' at avengers suburbia:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FFV5LK_xyd0

and these found by moi via a Google alert - Diana and Patrick are not in these videos.

http://tinyurl.com/6lu2vt

As Marlene at MoR pointed out:

"IN 1969, a columnist in Look magazine wrote: "there was Barbara Bain
copping her third straight dramatic farce trophy. She who isn't fit to
wear a pair of Diana Rigg's discarded leotards."

helenofirvine
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by helenofirvine »

Always fun to see these clips. Thank you.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Oh, thanks, I've been looking for a video of one of Diana's Emmy nominations for some time. Too bad she didn't win--I'd have loved to see her speech. I'm actually surprised Patrick and Diana flew all the way out to attend the awards.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Thanks for the links, Barry! :)
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, thanks, I've been looking for a video of one of Diana's Emmy nominations for some time. Too bad she didn't win--I'd have loved to see her speech. I'm actually surprised Patrick and Diana flew all the way out to attend the awards.
Yeah, it's too bad Diana didn't win. Also, was Patrick nominated for an award too?
Allen
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Artanis wrote:Thanks for the links, Barry! :)
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Oh, thanks, I've been looking for a video of one of Diana's Emmy nominations for some time. Too bad she didn't win--I'd have loved to see her speech. I'm actually surprised Patrick and Diana flew all the way out to attend the awards.
Yeah, it's too bad Diana didn't win. Also, was Patrick nominated for an award too?
As far as I recall, he wasn't. I think Diana was the only one to ever be nominated for a "major" award for the series. Patrick and Honor did win the Variety Club award in 1963, and there was some award the show received in Spain. Patrick flew out to collect it, and then imbued a bit too much on the plane on the way back and left the award onboard. They never did find it.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

No surprise that our duo were out there for the awards, bearing in mind how important the US was for the show and that Macnee was an American citizen. Apart from anything else, it was more publicity for The Avengers.
Avengerholic

Re: Diana & Patrick at the Emmys 1967

Post by Avengerholic »

DiVicenzo wrote:I think this was the 2nd year Diana was robbed of her Emmy by Barbara (Wooden) Bain.

And never more so than in season 1 of Space 1999, she looks like she runs by clockwork :lol: I don't think there is one single scene where her head and shoulders move independantely of each other and that hair :shock: I swear it's made of concrete :lol: Sill I'm getting OT.
widescream
Thingumajig

Post by widescream »

Barbara Bain certainly isn't the actress Dina Rigg is. But to be fair, Bain was very effective in Mission Impossible IMHO. I actually thought she did those characters when going undercover quite well.

After the triumph of UFO, Space 1999 was for the most part a heap of shit, and it made everyone and everything associated with it look bad including Bain and Landau.
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Nice video. Too bad Diana didn't win. She deserved it in my opinion!
moorlock2003
Thingumajig

Post by moorlock2003 »

Barbara Bain was an emotionless robot on 'Mission: Impossible'. I'm sure it was just a case of Americans wanting to give awards to Americans.