DVD Release in Germany

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

I got the first German Tara set not long ago and I'm wondering if 'The ForgetMe-Knot' was the sped up version? It seems the Tara theme in the next episode 'Game' was a tad slower. Maybe I'm imagining it?

Brad
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

that's weird. Maybe return it?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

It was an eBay purchase. I love the set overall.

Brad
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I hope this is the correct set - it arrived today. I don't think I'd seen the biggest set before, only images of the individual ones.

Last watched: "Concerto"
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Oh do tell us all about it Franky!
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Recently noticed that it turns StudioCanal reissued the DVD edition The New Avengers, which was released Kinowelt originally in 2010.

Release: December 7, 2017.

In fact, it's just repacking with same content. Cover design is maximally identical, too.

For comparison, design of cover released by Kinowelt.

Maybe they plan to reissie the individual boxes with Emma Peel and Tara King released by Kinowelt orginally too. We'll see.
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Recently noticed that it turns StudioCanal reissued the DVD edition The New Avengers, which was released Kinowelt originally in 2010.

In fact, it's just repacking with same content. Cover design is maximally identical, too.

Maybe they plan to reissie the individual boxes with Emma Peel and Tara King released by Kinowelt orginally too. We'll see.

Is this regions 2 ? I'm about to buy a DVD player that can handle no U.S. regions....as I'm keen to get my hands on some of these sets..since there's no U.S.A. release....anytime soon
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:
denis rigg wrote:Recently noticed that it turns StudioCanal reissued the DVD edition The New Avengers, which was released Kinowelt originally in 2010.

Is this regions 2 ? I'm about to buy a DVD player that can handle no U.S. regions....as I'm keen to get my hands on some of these sets..since there's no U.S.A. release....anytime soon
Yes, this is region 2. I think the content is completely identical to what Kinowelt was releasing, the change is only in the package under "sign" StudioCanal now. I plan to buy exactly this DVD edition too, to make sure of the things stated in the previous sentence.
Denis
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Worth noting that the German version has the best prints available of The New Avengers - hugely better than the UK and marginally better than the French.

Unlike the French edition, the prints are English language captioned (i.e. opening and closing titles have the English credits and story titles are on screen in English too). The only small downside is that the German translation of each episode title appears near the English one as a player generated caption.

As with any Avengers release, there is one big error, and that is that the episode Obsession has a green tint to it throughout, even on the StudioCanal logo at the start.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Wow, today I checked German Ebay and found that it turns StudioCanal actually reissued the DVD edition of Tara King episodes (for an unclear reason only Part 2), which was released Kinowelt originally in 2009. :o

It is interesting that there is no basic information on Amazon for it, only one person who wrote a comment for the DVD boxes by Kinowelt there, posted the scans of mentioned edition.

I still can not find the release year of this reissue, but it's clear that it was released no later than 2016.

Again, besides the StudioCanal logo on the box there is a difference in repacking, and the version of Kinowelt was better.

Kinowelt:

StudioCanal:

Denis