3.25 - Esprit de Corps

Post by darren »

Written by Eric Paice

Directed by Don Leaver

Production completed: 11 March 1964
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

A competent story which just about held my attention but too lacking in action for my taste. I gave it an average 5, which seems to be the lowest so far so I guess it's just me.

A solid performance as always from Roy Kinnear, his reaction to Steed's "washing" being particularly well timed. And an amusing line from Lady Stuart-Bollinger lamenting her adopted son's lack of interest in his supposed royal lineage: "He's a bookmaker ... we should never have sent him to Eton". A reference, of course, to Patrick Macnee's own early career!

My final episode for the time being. I hope in the future I will be able to catch the ones I missed on this first run.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

6 for me. All about the army if you like that sort of thing and worth a few views. We are quite lucky, compared to other early TV shows, just how many episodes survived.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I like this episode despite the far-fetched and clichéed plot. Cathy just happening to be the heir they were looking for, and them wanting to install her instead of Bollinger's adoptive son makes no sense. Fine performances all round though.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.