Diana Rigg RIP

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
The Spaceman
White Dwarf

Post by The Spaceman »

I have just watched the first 3 episodes of series 5 with Diana. Doesn't The Avengers "come alive" in colour!

Diana's acting skills, and it must be mentioned the terrific camera work and those quite amazing fashions and colour intensity throughout just make The Avengers simply amazing to me.

It hasn't really sunk in yet that she has died, it really hasn't!

I am incredibly lucky to own her evening gown from "Honey For The Prince"

I look at it now and it's so poignant to thing she wore this very article of clothing.

Well, i have drunk my bottle of Champagne and had my Champagne truffles to celebrate the joy Dame Diana has given each and every one of us.

What a legacy she has left to us all. What an actress! Pat Macnee summed her up when he describes her as one of the 3 greatest actresses in his opinion and goodness, he would know.

Well, Thank-you Dame Diana for the enormous amount of joy you have given to us all.

God Bless you Dame Diana!

Dominic.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote::shock: I'm really shocked.
I learned this news by accident when I went to the English-language Wikipedia. I didn't believe it at first (decided it was spam) and went to check the news on Google.
I'm sitting in a shocked state. :shock:
Diana always looked so full of life.

I'm sure these sad news will mark the departure of some people from the Avengers fandom. Those for whom Diana was the main person.
In any case, for a moment I feel the end of a great TV era too. :shock:

This is a massive disaster. Grieve and remember.
AMEN....I've been watching Diana, since early 1966, when the show debuted on U.S. Television..(ABC) and dug her from the get go..I loved her in films like OHMSS, and the Hospital.....and she was a divine actress on stage...I truly feel that I've lost ' family ' ....God speed, Ms. Rigg..R.I.P. and enjoy your reunion with Patrick...
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Diana's passing

Post by mousemeat »

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the news of her passing...mind boggling.....but what a lovely career she had...How lucky she was, to do something she truly loved..getting paid, was just icing ...and as long as her movies are being shown, and her tenure on the Avengers, being broadcasted, she'll never die...in an sense, she will live forever....much like Honor and Patrick..I plan to honor her with some Avengers, on my DVD player...
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: Diana's passing

Post by denis rigg »

I slept badly today. I recalled various images of Diana, from her participation in the television play The Comedy of Errors to All Creatures Great and Small.

My brain still can't believe it. Diana Rigg Forever!!!

ImageImage
Denis
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Incredibly sad news. Such a shock as I didn't know she had been ill.
Im going to watch my favourite episodes this weekend and open a bottle of champagne.

I always think of The Avengers, Patrick & Diana when I open champagne, even more so now.

RIP Dame Diana Rigg thank you a lifetime of magnificent performances.
Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

Sad news ...
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Post by gaucho vengador »

mousemeat wrote:
denis rigg wrote::shock: I'm really shocked.
I learned this news by accident when I went to the English-language Wikipedia. I didn't believe it at first (decided it was spam) and went to check the news on Google.
I'm sitting in a shocked state. :shock:
Diana always looked so full of life.

I'm sure these sad news will mark the departure of some people from the Avengers fandom. Those for whom Diana was the main person.
In any case, for a moment I feel the end of a great TV era too. :shock:

This is a massive disaster. Grieve and remember.
AMEN....I've been watching Diana, since early 1966, when the show debuted on U.S. Television..(ABC) and dug her from the get go..I loved her in films like OHMSS, and the Hospital.....and she was a divine actress on stage...I truly feel that I've lost ' family ' ....God speed, Ms. Rigg..R.I.P. and enjoy your reunion with Patrick...
I feel as you feel. I still can´t believe it. She was unique. Always in my heart Dame Diana. God bless your soul.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Hopefully "The Last Word" BBC obituary programme will feature Dame Diana, as it did for Honor Blackman:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000mlw6

I bought all the newspapers yesterday, well six of them with Diana on the front page and multi-page tributes inside. She was hugely loved.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Frankymole wrote:
Sam wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:It is shocking. You expect these people to live forever, sadly nobody does. That's both Honor and Diana gone this year. Only Linda now to carry the Avengers torch. I feel the urge to watch a Peel Avengers episode straight away.
A very sad day indeed.
I believe Julie Stevens is still with us.
So is Joanna Lumley, isn't she? The New Avengers do count...
'The Avengers' ran from 1961 to 1969 so no, I don't count Joanna, much as I love TNA.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Tributes and comments from persons who participated in the series.

Linda Thorson (Tara King)

Diana was iconic, a great stage actor before she was Emma Peel, (secret meaning, 'M-appeal, ie Man appeal'). She was sexy, smart, funny, strong and lived life to the full. A natural born surviver, gone too soon. Rest in peace. You will be missed*

Rocky Taylor (Patrick Macnee double, actor and stuntman)

Very sad to learn that Diana Rigg has died. Patrick as Steed and Diana as Mrs Peel were a perfect team now reunited. Lots of love to her family and friends ❤️

Julie Samuel (Tunnel of Fear (1961) ... Rosie)

I'm so surprised I saw her in a film recently didn't know she was ill 😥

Kevork Malikyan (Homicide and Old Lace (1969) ... Rossi)

May She Rest in Eternal Peace

Eddie Stacey (TNA stuntman)

How sad to hear the passing of the beautiful and great Actress Diana Rigg, I did 3 films with Diana and she was a witness at my wedding with George Lazenby in 1969 Bond "Her Majesty Secret Service" she will be greatly missed by All, "Rest In Peace Diana" my condolences to the Family, with Fondest Love and Great Memories, Eddie

P.S./ If you've read comments or tributes about Diana from other people who participated in the series, please post here. :wink:
Denis