The Avengers/TNA: List of people dead in 2020

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

The Avengers/TNA: List of people dead in 2020

Post by denis rigg »

I decided to create this topic, as I think that this year is the one of the most intense in the number of important people who participated in the series and left this world.

The list below is obviously not complete, however, it fully lets you feel the events of the outgoing year.

TV series

1. Diana Rigg (actress, the most popular Avengers heroine)
2. Honor Blackman (actress, one of the popular Avengers heroines)
3. Roger Marshall (scriptwriter of many Avengers episodes)
4. Pierre Cardin (fashion designer, who created the Patrick Macnee's wardrobe for the full color Emma Peel series and the first five episodes in the production order of the next Avengers series)
5. Jeremy Burnham (scriptwriter of five Avengers episodes and actor, who appeared in Avengers episodes The Town of No Return, The Fear Merchants and The Forget-Me-Knot)
6. Geoffrey Palmer (actor, appeared in Avengers episodes Dance with Death, Propellant 23, Man with Two Shadows and A Surfeit of H2O)
7. Robert Mill (actor, appeared in Avengers episodes Double Danger and Killer Whale, and TNA episode The Midas Touch)
8. Philip Latham (actor, appeared in Avengers episodes The White Dwarf and Room Without a View)
9. Philip Anthony (actor, fight arranger and stage director, appeared in Avengers episodes Man with Two Shadows and The Outside-In Man)
10. Keith Buckley (actor, appeared in Avengers episode Take-Over and TNA episode Sleeper)
11. Tex Fuller (actor and stuntman, appeared in Avengers episode Toy Trap and TNA episode Sleeper)
12. Arthur Dignam (actor, appeared in TNA episode Sleeper)
13. Frank Windsor (actor, appeared in Avengers episode Whoever Shot Poor George Oblique Stroke XR40?)
14. Gilles Milinaire (actor, appeared in TNA episode The Midas Touch)
15. Aleta Morrison (dancer and actress, appeared in Avengers episode Room Without a View)
16. Hilary Dwyer (actress, appeared in Avengers episode Murdersville)
17. Rosemary Donnelly (actress, appeared in Avengers episode They Keep Killing Steed)
18. Louise Pajo (actress, appeared in Avengers episode Wish You Were Here)
19. Dee Shenderey (actress, appeared in Avengers episode Propellant 23)
20. Barry Wilsher (actor, appeared in Avengers episode Propellant 23)
21. Ronald Forfar (actor, appeared in TNA episode The Eagle's Nest)
22. Pamela Wardel (actress and extra, appeared in Avengers episode Brief for Murder).
23. Corrie Hendry (Ian Hendry's daughter, appeared in TNA episode To Catch a Rat)
24. Alan Pattillo (film and TV editor, TV director and writer, wrote the story for Avengers episode The Bird Who Knew Too Much)
25. Alan Harris (actor, extra and stand-in, appeared in several Avengers episodes)
26. Roger Simons (assistant director, worked for several TNA episodes in 1976)
27. Pamela Mann (continuity, worked for a continuity: second unit for the TNA episode Three Handed Game)
28. Herbert Kretzmer (journalist and lyricist, wrote the lyrics for "Togetherness" (Avengers episode The Murder Market))

Unidentified on screen:
Heather Seymour (actress and choreographer, participated in The Avengers according to the Spotlight 1967).

Unconfirmed death:
Jerry Baker (extra, appeared in TNA episodes The Eagle's Nest and The Midas Touch)

Unconfirmed year of death (2020 or 2021):
Bill Hemmings (extra, appeared in the TNA episode The Eagle's Nest)

Radio series

Hal Orlandini (actor)

Feature film

1. Sean Connery (actor, played Sir August de Wynter)
2. Arthur Wooster (second unit director)
Last edited by denis rigg on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 am, edited 46 times in total.
Denis
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Thank you Denis. It really hits hard when you see the toll time is taking.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Oh, Franky, how true it is, this period started in 2015 for us - Avengers fans, I think.
Curious that one of the co-founders of Steedumbrella, Sergei Pronin, the head of productions for Russian Avengers audiobooks, wrote to me yesterday:

"I sympathize ... but now, unfortunately, just the time when our idols are leaving."
Last edited by denis rigg on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Although everyone is getting older, it does feel particularly shocking to have lost both Diana and Honor in the same year.
Old account paulpdjh
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

...and Roger Marshall!!! :( Three iconic persons.

Denis
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Of course, how can I have forgotten Roger Marshall!

Thanks for posting those pictures. They are great!
Old account paulpdjh
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Paul, many thanks to you too. I did not know for sure that these pictures from the VK social network would be visible to users here, as I posted them from my private closed album on my VK page - but everything turns out to be in order. Thanks!!!

I especially like the black and white photo with Diana and Honor, I haven't seen this before. :P
Denis
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

denis rigg wrote: I especially like the black and white photo with Diana and Honor, I haven't seen this before. :P
Yes, they both look absolutely stunning there.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: The Avengers/TNA: List of people dead in 2020

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:I decided to create this topic, as I think that this year is the one of the most intense in the number of important people who participated in the series and left this world.

The list below is obviously not complete, however, it fully lets you feel the events of the outgoing year.

TV series

1. Diana Rigg (actress, the most popular Avengers heroine)
2. Honor Blackman (actress, one of the popular Avengers heroines)
3. Roger Marshall (scriptwriter of many Avengers episodes)
4. Robert Mill (actor, appeared in Avengers episodes Double Danger and Killer Whale, and TNA episode The Midas Touch)
5. Philip Latham (actor, appeared in Avengers episodes The White Dwarf and Room Without a View)
6. Arthur Dignam (actor, appeared in TNA episode Sleeper)
7. Dee Shenderey (actress, appeared in Avengers episode Propellant 23)
8. Hilary Dwyer (actress, appeared in Avengers episode Murdersville)
9. Rosemary Donnelly (actress, appeared in Avengers episode They Keep Killing Steed)
10. Barry Wilsher (actor, appeared in Avengers episode Propellant 23)
11. Alan Pattillo (film and TV editor, TV director and writer, wrote the story for Avengers episode The Bird Who Knew Too Much)
12. Alan Harris (actor, extra and stand-in, appeared in several Avengers episodes)

Wow, quite a listing....the grim reaper has been busy....I should be so lucky to pass on this year...(NOT!) and hang out with them...
Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

I'm amazed that Denis finds all that info.
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch