Episodes You Never Really Took Too.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Episodes You Never Really Took Too.

Post by Avengerholic »

...Not episodes that you don't like, but the ones you didn't really take too and hardly ever watch.

The £50,000 Breakfast
The Bird Who Knew Too Much
What The Butler Saw
Two's A Crowd
The Girl From Auntie
Whose Who?
Have Guns Will Haggle
Wish You Were Here
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Whenever I watch season 4, I don't skip any of them.
season 5 : I skip some : The see-through man, the $ 50,000 Breakfast..
season 6 : I only watch 10/ 12 episodes.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Cathy Gale:

The Gilded Cage. Despite the writer, the director, the design, the setting, the interesting characters - it just doesn't really draw me in.

Emma Peel:

Honey for the Prince. One of the last EP episodes I got to see on TV and it felt like tidying up. There are moments I like, the scenes at the Prince Ali's Harem are quite good but the QQF scenario disappoints - waste of Ron Moody.

Something Nasty in the Nursery. An episode that I love the idea of. Reading of it, it sounded like the kind of episode I would love but it was rather disappointing ultimately. Visually it's rather tatty, in fact there's some bad direction at points. I was gutted that Penelope Keith was edited out.

Tara King:

Requiem. An idea that Clemens recycled from Adam Adamant Lives but this isn't as good and just feels tired. But I love the idea. The fake wrecked Steed's apartment is a wonderful image. I think this was the episode that gave me a nightmare as a kid. I caught a repeat the other week but didn't stick with it.

The Rotters. It seems to have a lot going for. An inventive script in the series 5 style, a good director, good cast but it never really takes off.
J.Mac3
Little Wonder

Post by J.Mac3 »

Of the Emma Peel B&W episodes, I rarely watch:

Room Without A View
Two's a Crowd
Girl from Auntie
What The Butler Saw

And of the Emma Peel color episodes:

The Living Dead
The See Through Man

I don't watch the Tara episodes often enough to say but there are some gems and some yawners among them.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

J.Mac3 wrote:Of the Emma Peel B&W episodes, I rarely watch:

Room Without A View
Two's a Crowd
Girl from Auntie
What The Butler Saw

And of the Emma Peel color episodes:

The Living Dead
The See Through Man

I don't watch the Tara episodes often enough to say but there are some gems and some yawners among them.

most of the Tara episodes, don't really appeal to me...I felt the writing wasn't as snappy, and the show was 'tired'.....but that's only my opinion...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Hmmmm, well yes there are some:

series 1: I would dearly love to see them all.
series 2: The White Dwarf - it has promise but never delivers
series 3: Trojan Horse - I think it's the horse racing angle which I'm completely disinterested in
series 4: Dial a Deadly Number - despite some great scenes, it's never grabbed me
series 5: The See-Through Man - strangely unsatisfying but that's probably because all the others are so OTT
series 6: Invasion of the Earthmen - for poor special effects, bad direction and a lacklustre script
-- and -- Wish You Were Here - for not making enough of the concept and being a bit hohum.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Cathy- not so keen on Killerwhale, Six hands across a table, Trojan horse and death a la carte. All a bit slow compared to the others.
Emma- there are no bad ones here :!: Two's a crowd is my least fave season 4, and £50,000 breakfast weakest season 5,but neither are too bad.
Tara- I like 29 of them. There are 4 stinkers. Earthmen, Have guns will haggle and Legacy of death, none of which even feel like The Avengers. The less said about Homicide and old lace the better!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

The Grandeur That Was Rome. I don't skip it, but it always sends me to sleep...
Last watched: "Concerto"
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

The Emma Peel colour series for me. It's not bad, but just doesn't appeal as much as the other seasons. I find it too formulaic and a hard slog to get through so rarely watch it.
Old account paulpdjh
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

paulh wrote:The Emma Peel colour series for me. It's not bad, but just doesn't appeal as much as the other seasons. I find it too formulaic and a hard slog to get through so rarely watch it.
It's certainly the weakest of Peel/King series.