Your favorite "crazy characters"

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

I think my favourites would be those in "From Venus with Love": Bertram Fortesque Winthrop-Smith, Brigadier Whitehead, Dr Primble ... this triumvirate potently set the style for me when I discovered the series properly, and they'll always be my benchmark.

All the best

Andrew
MaccaJack
Nutshell

Post by MaccaJack »

OOHH And Mr B Bumble.

I loved him. He was so sweet and funny.

Shame. Did he die?
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

MaccaJack wrote:OOHH And Mr B Bumble.

Shame. Did he die?
He did. He was one of the few characters I was genuinely terribly sorry to see go. Even Emma looked dismayed.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
malte1982
Nutshell

Post by malte1982 »

The best crazy charatcter are Sir Horace Winslip and Mr. Cheshire.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

I know that a lot of people hate the episode, but they don't come any more crazy than Cleese's egg clown archivist and Cribbins' comedy writer buried in his own rejected jokes. Seriously mad.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Your favorite "crazy characters"

Post by mousemeat »

JohnSteedFr wrote:I like Ola Monsey Chamberlain.
Both are great, the first one (in Don't look behind you) looks like a child, she has strange manners like kids for example in the kitchen she says "Hot" after touching a toast and she put her finger in her mouth like a young child.
The second is very very special, she speaks about many subjects, she wants to be an actress, she reads an italian book whereas she doesn't speak it at all. She's more crazy than the first one, especially at the end where she holds a gun ! :lol:

I like Mandy who appears in "The living dead", who believes in ghosts.
Scenes at church must be seen, when she talks about vibrations...
It's so funny that I'm almost "dead" when I see them.

There are many other characters who are funny, crazy just like Kim in The Charmers when she asks Steed what do they have to do and that he answers her that they have to find clues.
Suddenly she laughes and we can notice that Steed doesn't bear that. :lol:

I let you continue... :)
many choices to list...but the one character that I've always loved..was a minor one...The store Dick in 'Death at bargain prices'...funny and creepy
and leering over Mrs.Peel ! Kane, the aging owner was funny as well..
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Shame. Did he die?
He did. He was one of the few characters I was genuinely terribly sorry to see go. Even Emma looked dismayed.
Ken Parry was offered the role of Mother before Patrick Newell. As it was for one appearance he turned it down. Of course the Americans loved Mother so much he became a recurring character, so he missed out there.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Dearesttara
Thingumajig

Post by Dearesttara »

My "crazy characters" prefered are Z.Z. von Schnerk in Epic and Mark Crayford in Dead men are dangerous. There are really Masters of Evil !

I like Mr.Teddy Bear, Monty Bristow in Game and Prendergast (The Joker) as Gundmann (Don't look behind you). In fact, I adore all Diabolical Masterminds of the series !
Tara King for ever
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Shame. Did he die?
Ken Parry was offered the role of Mother before Patrick Newell. As it was for one appearance he turned it down. Of course the Americans loved Mother so much he became a recurring character, so he missed out there.
Too bad. He would have been a kindlier Mother, I expect--he looks too sweet to be as irascible as Patrick Newell's take. I think I'm glad he didn't take it, though--I'd prefer to remember him as Mr. Bumble. I had more of an attachment to the character than I ever did Patrick Newell's characters.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: Your favorite "crazy characters"

Post by MRotten »

mousemeat wrote:
JohnSteedFr wrote:I like Ola Monsey Chamberlain.
Both are great, the first one (in Don't look behind you) looks like a child, she has strange manners like kids for example in the kitchen she says "Hot" after touching a toast and she put her finger in her mouth like a young child.
The second is very very special, she speaks about many subjects, she wants to be an actress, she reads an italian book whereas she doesn't speak it at all. She's more crazy than the first one, especially at the end where she holds a gun ! :lol:

I like Mandy who appears in "The living dead", who believes in ghosts.
Scenes at church must be seen, when she talks about vibrations...
It's so funny that I'm almost "dead" when I see them.

There are many other characters who are funny, crazy just like Kim in The Charmers when she asks Steed what do they have to do and that he answers her that they have to find clues.
Suddenly she laughes and we can notice that Steed doesn't bear that. :lol:

I let you continue... :)
many choices to list...but the one character that I've always loved..was a minor one...The store Dick in 'Death at bargain prices'...funny and creepy
and leering over Mrs.Peel ! Kane, the aging owner was funny as well..
John Cater played the self-described "House Dick" in "Death at Bargain Prices". He also played Disco in "The Nutshell" and was also in "The Living Dead" (don't remember his character's name). Cater also featured in the film "Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter", produced by Albert Fennell and Brian Clemens.