Dame Diana news!

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Dame Diana news!

Post by DiVicenzo »

I missed out on attending this one:

http://tinyurl.com/5nu9ue
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Could you give some indication of what it is, please?

Tinyurl.com doesn't like my computer. Also, I'm wary of clicking on something without an idea of where it leads to - there are a lot of dodgy web pages out there!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Here you go Frankymole.

Camilla gets into Christmas spirit
4 hours ago

The Duchess of Cornwall got into the festive spirit at a Christmas concert for the Royal British Legion.

Dressed in an emerald-green velvet coat, Camilla chatted with supporters and leading members of the charity, which supports current and ex-servicemen and women, before the performance at the Guildhall in the City of London.

Actress Dame Diana Rigg, who was reading a poem at the annual fundraising event, was sucking on cough sweets ahead of her performance and said she offered some to Camilla.

"She's got a bit of a cough, like me. I offered her mine, but she said she had got some."

The former Avengers star added: "I do carol concerts. They are a wonderful way of preparing for Christmas and they are a wonderful way of raising money for charity.

"I'm a supporter of all charities, one way or another. If someone asks me to do a carol concert, I'm there."

Also giving a reading was To The Manor Born star Peter Bowles. He said: "I was born before the war, so I was very conscious of the war and I'm very conscious of all the sacrifices made by our Armed Forces and I always support these things."

The Royal British Legion was founded in 1921 as a voice for the ex-service community and now has more than 380,000 members.

It provides financial, social and emotional support for those who have served and are currently serving in the Armed Forces, and their dependants.

The organisation said it receives thousands of calls for help every year and currently nearly 10.5 million people are eligible for its support. This year, a record-breaking 38 million poppies were made and sent out under the Poppy Appeal and a spokeswoman said they hoped to reach a record target of £32 million from the appeal.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Thanks Kim!

And, I would never, ever give any dodgy urls!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I'm sure you wouldn't, but since my ISP won't let me open it, the event would've forever remained a mystery to me!

Thanks, Kim, for the details. Nice to see the support for the BRL. I hope her cough isn't a smoker's cough!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

No problem.
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

A picture of the event:

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Is that our Peter Bowles shaking the hand of our future Queen?

I also see Simon (Upstairs Downstairs) Williams and Alistair (Stop! Camera! Action!) Stewart with Diana Rigg in the background.

Good one thanks. Diana looks happy....
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Of course, Simon Williams was Steed to Lilly Savage's Emma Peel and Tara King:).
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Darren wrote:Of course, Simon Williams was Steed to Lilly Savage's Emma Peel and Tara King:).
Yes, and by Diana's expression he's just informed her of that fact! :D
THE AVENGERS GALLERY