The New Avengers DVD

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

johnnybear wrote:I had both the US and UK sets for a short time and found the UK Optimum discs too hard to release from the clamps! In the end I was so fed up trying to get them out I decided to keep my region 1 sets and ditch the others!
JB
Couldn't you have swapped them over? Alternatively, Amaray cases are quite cheap to buy online. Or a big disk storage box (I've got 400 or so in an aluminium carry case).
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
johnnybear wrote:I had both the US and UK sets for a short time and found the UK Optimum discs too hard to release from the clamps! In the end I was so fed up trying to get them out I decided to keep my region 1 sets and ditch the others!
JB
Couldn't you have swapped them over? Alternatively, Amaray cases are quite cheap to buy online. Or a big disk storage box (I've got 400 or so in an aluminium carry case).
ONE thing that really irks me about those cases...the plastic after a matter of time, becomes real brittle...and breaks real easy..etc
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I very much hope for a remastered release of TNA, but I would like to say this: I have the Contender set and am very happy with it (even though disc five has cracked).

We're so lucky to have DVD release available. I lived through the days of VHS taping, what an improvement DVD is. My brother is a fan of Murder, She Wrote and the Dutch release has the last series (and that one only) with French titles. I understand he was and is pissed about that, as was I about the same thing when it happened to series four of The Avengers.

But even despite that, DVD is such a blessing for fans, I'm more peeved about some TV not being published at all than not having it in the right way. What we enjoy now in tv technology would have been unimaginable when The Avengers was in production.