The Avengers for Free

Discussion of Big Finish Avengers releases including The Lost Episodes and Steed and Mrs Peel.
Lee
Little Wonder

The Avengers for Free

Post by Lee »

Just a heads up.

The Big Finish website has an episode of The Avengers (The Norse Code) as a free download at the moment.

You just need an account with them to claim it.

I'm listening to it now. I've not delved into their Avengers content really as I haven't been impressed with the snippets I'd heard.

However, I'm quite enjoying it so far, even though I can't get used to the different voices for Steed and Mrs Peel.
You really must have a word with that cleaning lady....
Lee
Little Wonder

Post by Lee »

Well, that was interesting.

Much better than I expected, and I even warmed to the characterisation of our heroes in their new personas by the end of the play. The tone is not what Patrick or Diana would have done (at least in my head anyway!) but the scenario could have been straight out of series 5, with some of the music cues sounding a little series 4 in places.

Perhaps I might look into a few more of these.

Anyone else have opinions on these plays?
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Glad you enjoyed it. I dismissed them when they were announced, was horrified that they could cast anyone else!

But during lockdown I started buying one box set a month and have most of them now, lost episodes and the Peel and King sets and im a big fan now. They put their own spin on it but there is enough of the past to make you smile, they clearly have a great time making them and worth getting for the incidental music alone, I would love a disc of that on its own.
Mick Moreau
White Dwarf

Big Finish does it right!

Post by Mick Moreau »

Just started on the Avengers offerings and like others, took some bit of getting used to not hearing the familiar voices, but the stories have held my attention. I'm also a HUGE fan of the Survivors series and own all 10 of the audio sets from that series as well. Great work and a way to enjoy NEW material ;)
Steed: "How odd.... an X5 pin grenade"
Purdey: "Without the PIN!"
Steed: "Eh? Oh I see what you mean, sorry" (Throws grenade back at the enemy)
Lee
Little Wonder

Post by Lee »

Hi Mick

First, welcome to the forum! I hope you are staying safe during these times!

Thanks for your comments.
What do you think of the Tara King releases? I bought Too Many Targets in the Big Finish offer and wasn't impressed with the realisation of the character of the actress.
Would be interested to know your views if you had heard most of the sets now.