French Avengers DVD set "L'intégrale de la Série"

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Beautiful artwork, I've heard the "The New Avengers" episodes weren't remastered though, is that true?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

dissolute wrote:Beautiful artwork, I've heard the "The New Avengers" episodes weren't remastered though, is that true?
Artwork of this Volume 6 is made in a good style with nice colors. Even though it looks too easy, I like it too. :)

Alas, Piers, there were no remastered TNA prints. :( If we consider DVD editions with "The New Avengers", I know that the British is the worst in quality. French looks better, including colors (more saturated, not cold).
German prints is different from the British and French by screenshots I have seen (personally I found french better). I cannot say anything concrete about the American and Australian TNA prints, except that they are not remastered too and I definitely planning buy these two in the future to analyze them. :wink:
Denis
blackwarrior
Nutshell

Post by blackwarrior »

i bought this one few years ago for the french fans

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

That was a beautiful srt, blackwarrior, I wish I'd bought it at the time.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:That was a beautiful srt, blackwarrior, I wish I'd bought it at the time.
same here.....makes me want to go out and purchase a ALL REGION DVD player...as U.S. players are NTSC region 1....so to play Euro discs, you need a player than can...so in my case, all region player..
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

mousemeat wrote:
dissolute wrote:That was a beautiful srt, blackwarrior, I wish I'd bought it at the time.
same here.....makes me want to go out and purchase a ALL REGION DVD player...as U.S. players are NTSC region 1....so to play Euro discs, you need a player than can...so in my case, all region player..
It's very easy to make any DVD player region free.

https://www.winxdvd.com/troubleshoot-dv ... n-free.htm
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Avengerholic wrote:
mousemeat wrote:

Thanks for the heads up...I'll give it a shot, and see if it works...if not, no big deal....I'll simply go and order ALL REGIONS BLU-RAY player...
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

mousemeat wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:
mousemeat wrote: same here.....makes me want to go out and purchase a ALL REGION DVD player...as U.S. players are NTSC region 1....so to play Euro discs, you need a player than can...so in my case, all region player..

It's worked on all of my players over the years, You just need to make sure you have the right code for the right DVD make and model.

Thanks for the heads up...I'll give it a shot, and see if it works...if not, no big deal....I'll simply go and order ALL REGIONS BLU-RAY player...
johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

I have the French series 2 DVD as pictured! I always thought what an improvement it was picture wise over the UK series 3 release!
JB