8%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

He was hired as Astronaut Pete Irving in Space 1999s Guardian of Piri but left the production after falling out with director Charles Crichton and replaced by Michael Culver but a scene is left in at the end of the episode with him in an eagle and calling for 'main motors' which sounds like he was dubbed in an American way! :wink:
JB
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:... Gareth was working class, so he cheerfully described his natural accent as "cockney." He could revert back to it at will, but generally when he's onscreen, he doesn't sound the way he would have naturally. But sometimes it creeps in on certain words, or when he's being interviewed. I think the end of K is for Kill is another instance of that. It sounds like he says, "It went up me nose" or something like that. It may be me, but it sounds less like Gambit and more like Gareth to my ear, because Gareth didn't always sound particularly like Gambit. If you get what I mean. :wink:
A little earlier in "K is For Kill - Part 2" after Purdey says "I'm a girl, I'm a girl!" he agrees "she's most definitely a girl". I'm glad kept his "Gambit" accent as it makes it a great scene of cool Brits enjoying the sights of 70's Paris. It's one of my favourites.

(p.s. there's an interesting, "K is for Kill" related, newspaper article by Brian Clemens here under Archive - Scripts - "The Sleeping Dragon")
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death