Rhonda wrote:I gave 3
Three!? :shock:
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

peabody wrote:
Rhonda wrote:I gave 3
Three!? :shock:
Just not among my favourites for most of the reasons already mentioned, such as a slow early pace, although I like the anti-gravity boots and the cartoon boards.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I like that one but I tend to see some deja-vu. Birds were also a key factor in 'The Bird Who Knew Too Much' and mostly, the same clues left on the scene of the crime, the victims look exactly like the ones from 'The Hidden Tiger'.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Lee
Little Wonder

Post by Lee »

Again, as no one had commented on this for many years, I decided to watch it again.

I remember this as a middling average script from series 5, but I id quite enjoy it and I had forgotten the slightly more series first part. For a season which is often described as comic-book, this episode is quite literally straight out of a comic book, with the comic providing some of the plot lines.

It was very clever how the artwork was used to predict the events of the story, but how the villain would know what Mrs Peel would be wearing, I'm not so sure.

The whole upside-down scenes were quite well managed for the mid 60s, even making a chair seemingly 'fall down' from the ceiling was quite good.

Still quite a middling episode - I give this a 6 overall.
You really must have a word with that cleaning lady....
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MikeR wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Is it known why Flemyng was removed?
Despite having directed The Fear Merchants, Flemying was discribed by Brian Clemens as not being an Avengers director, which could just about mean anything. All I can think of is that Flemyng fell behind with the schedule of the episode, but Clemens and Fennell were not very strict in enforcing this, as they believed more time and effort meant a better product, then if this was the problem, he must have really lost control of things.

I would concur with this assessment...he was removed because falling behind

and time costs money...even back then, the series wasn't flushed with a lot of extra cash for budgets, etc