The Avengers on iTunes

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Sam
Winged Avenger

The Avengers on iTunes

Post by Sam »

As a lot of you were probably aware, Season 5 (Emma-Color) has been available on iTunes for some time. However, I checked last night and discovered some time recently Series 2, 3, 4, and 6 have now been added as well! Each season can be had for only $9.99 and they appear to be the remastered "Optimum" versions. I believe this is the first time those have been available in the US without ordering UK discs. I've watched two Tara episodes so far and they look so much nicer than the old A&E DVD releases! Now if the remaining Season 1 eps and TNA would show up there.
J.Mac3
Little Wonder

Post by J.Mac3 »

I DIDN'T know i-Tunes had any Avengers eps. Thanks, Sam!! I just downloaded the Peel color series and you're right--they're noticeably better than the old A&E versions. I had planned to purchase an any-region Blu Ray player to get the better quality but now there's no need. Can't wait to rewatch each episode.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I have previously read somewhere that the Avengers episodes on Apple's store are the same as the bluray releases.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Castle De'ath
Nutshell

Post by Castle De'ath »

Some reviews for Itunes version of series 4 claim the episodes are cut down? Does anyone know if this is the case?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:I have previously read somewhere that the Avengers episodes on Apple's store are the same as the bluray releases.

I'll have to surf on over, and check it out...since there is no U.S. blu ray release for sale in the states