4%
4%
No votes

Total votes: 28

peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

4.18 - The Girl from Auntie

Post by peabody »

Discuss, review and rate The Girl from Auntie, produced c. Monday 4th October 1965 to c. Saturday 23rd October 1965.

Teleplay by Roger Marshall
Directed by Roy Baker
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I gave 5
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

10 of 10! :)

This is a most humorous Avengers episode, and this is done at a high level, because a lot of witty moments. I like Georgie as a replacement for Emma Peel, although in any case, if there were more of her adventures with Steed, it seems the show would became a sort of sitcom. In some sense IQ of Georgie like Penelope from episode Dead Man's Treasure, but it lends a certain charm for dialogues and development of events. :)

I noticed an interesting thing when did last watching:

Statue in the knitting circle was used earlier in the house of Dr Gibson in the episode "Small Game for Big Hunters".

Denis
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Leaves me struggling to stay awake every time I try to watch it. I've always had a huge dislike of this episode, in fact I don't think I've ever seen it right through from start to finish in one go. Hugely boring in every respect, which isn't helped by the absence of Emma Peel throughout most of it. I always found the sight of Peel dressed as a bird and sat in a cage slightly humiliating for Rigg. It also always reminds me of the time I met Liz Fraser at a convention, frankly the most unpleasant encounter with an actor from the series I've ever had.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Avengerholic wrote:It also always reminds me of the time I met Liz Fraser at a convention, frankly the most unpleasant encounter with an actor from the series I've ever had.
Wouah...can you tell us more ? Not my favourite episode (but there are so many in season 4). I like the beginning and the end...
supersimon
Thingumajig

Post by supersimon »

Yes I would like to hear more about the meet with Liz Fraser as well! Always thought she was drop dead gorgeous with a perfect figure and love this episode, one of the few I watch out of sequence when I am going through my collection.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

supersimon wrote:Yes I would like to hear more about the meet with Liz Fraser as well! Always thought she was drop dead gorgeous with a perfect figure and love this episode, one of the few I watch out of sequence when I am going through my collection.

well...it's been a while for this thread....and I'm wondering if the 'inside info' on Ms. Fraser, was even explained....sounds like a possible tasty tid bit, of sorts
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

It has Bernard Cribbins in it, who would reappear in "Look (stop me if you've heard this one) But There Were These Two Fellers" and who is always worth the price of admission. Steed's ridiculous amount of vacation equipment was reiterated in "The Eagle's Nest". But apart from that, hardly any of it is memorable at all - Avengerholic is right, with no Emma Peel (or Keel/King/Cathy/Tara/Purdey etc) it's like Steed is missing a limb. Don't they use the Mackidockie Court/street location again in "Escape in Time"? Drawing rather a blank on this one, hope I reach it in my rewatches so I can re-evaluate, but many episodes to go before I get there.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Basil also has a ridiculous amount of vacation equipment in "Wish You Were Here".
Yes to "Escape in Time" too.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Steed leaving the cabbie with a somewhat overzealous amount of holiday toys was my first proper peak at series four as I saw this when testing the discs of the dvd box set that had just arrived in the mail. It is a fun scene, but always sticks in my mind because of that.