Videotaping machinery

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Allard
The Ministry

Videotaping machinery

Post by Allard »

From time to time the videotaping technology of the 60s comes up here. I came across this image that is (claimed to be) a sixties videotaping apparatus used for copying/editing/transferring recordings.

I can't claim this type was used by ABC, but I found it very interesting to see what this technology actually looked like and thought I'd share.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Videotaping machinery

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote:From time to time the videotaping technology of the 60s comes up here. I came across this image that is (claimed to be) a sixties videotaping apparatus used for copying/editing/transferring recordings.

I can't claim this type was used by ABC, but I found it very interesting to see what this technology actually looked like and thought I'd share.

seen this stuff before...yrs ago, I was working in TV Engineering at WMC-TV Memphis, (among other Scripp Howard stations ) and we first got them, as we were phasing 16mm film and film chains out..before video, everything was shot on film...including the news events of the day...and we processed it at the station..when they said FILM at 23:00, they weren't kidding, as I was editing it at 22:45. to put it on the film chain...

those were the days......sheesh