The Avengers: living, possibly and most likely living performers

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

It's definitely him, he's had some posts from film locations and stuff.
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:It's definitely him, he's had some posts from film locations and stuff.
do you think if Patrick was alive today, he would have had a facebook page, etc ? what about Lumley, Thorson, etc....
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:It's definitely him, he's had some posts from film locations and stuff.
do you think if Patrick was alive today, he would have had a facebook page, etc ? what about Lumley, Thorson, etc....
Patrick's son has a Facebook page, but Patrick did not create an account during his lifetime as far as I know. Considering that he left the cinema long before his death, he most likely would have continued today in the same way - enjoying the retirement listening to how things are going on social networks through his family and friends.

Lumley made her first social media account a long time ago, perhaps she had several accounts (I visited one that already hasn't existed for a long time).

Thorson still has an actual Twitter account.

Some people are able to hide well under other names, which even close people may not know if the persons are not active. So I can't say for sure about anyone else, including Patrick Macnee. :wink:
Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Agreed, I follow him and he's immensely funny.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Following Ian Oglivy is a treat, albeit a naughty one.

(Roger Moore answered a question of mine in his monthly Q&A. I'd thought I'd throw this in since we're discussing actors and actresses on social media.)
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

New name Don Webb added to the "Unconfirmed and unidentified" paragraph (see the call sheet for Murdersville by link below):

http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... orum#71188
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Addition to my post in this thread from Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:28 pm:
denis rigg wrote:Jennifer Wood has been removed from the Possibly living actors and actresses on 2021 list because on Louise Sinclair (Jennifer's daughter) Facebook page, I found out that actress passed away years ago :(

https://www.facebook.com/louise.sinclair.5209
Although Louise Sinclair did not answer me, on March 27 she published a Facebook post dedicated to her mother:

https://www.facebook.com/louise.sinclai ... 8310971356

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mums and to those who are a Mother to all. Especially to my dear mum Jennifer who taught me that Mums always do their best, even at the hardest of times. 14 years in Heaven, hope you like the flowers we left for you xxx

This leads to the conclusion that Jennifer Wood died approx. in 2008. This is quite consistent with one of my options that Jennifer was married to Reginald Gibbon in 1985 in Brighton and on a certain point moved to York, North Yorkshire. However, I don't have any other evidence to confirm.
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Dave Griffiths' name has been removed from the Possibly living extras on 2021 list because it became known today that he died. Yes, according to Equity, Dave died in 1995. :(

https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/cinem ... -griffiths
1995 ? JEEZ o'PETES...That's quite a difference..yrs wise...1995 vs 2022
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Michael Hunt added to the Living actors and actresses (data for 2022) paragraph.
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Michael Hunt added to the Living actors and actresses (data for 2022) paragraph.
great detective work, as always