Steedumbrella: The Avengers in Russia

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Sorry to hear that Piers. Condolences and wishing strength to you and your family.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Dear friends, due to the risk of disconnecting Russia from the Internet, I must thank in advance all the past and present members of Avengerland for an interesting and memorable pastime. I will definitely remember many of you. Hope that this forum will continue to live no matter what and I will still be here - even if disconnecting Russia from the Internet happens, maybe there will be a way to connect to the Internet, but for now this is just a theory. In an unfavorable situation, I'll probably go into the music realm and quit the Avengers.
Denis
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

As Mother once said at an apparent ending... "They'll be back - depend on it!". I hope things will return to normal as soon as possible and you can keep in touch with us Avengers fans. Thank you for all your wonderful work for and about the series, and friendly messages and posts. I will miss you very much if you're forced to go offline.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:As Mother once said at an apparent ending... "They'll be back - depend on it!". I hope things will return to normal as soon as possible and you can keep in touch with us Avengers fans. Thank you for all your wonderful work for and about the series, and friendly messages and posts. I will miss you very much if you're forced to go offline.

I couldn't have stated it..any better...myself, have enjoyed Denis's wealth of info, he has provided to the forum...and the occasional message from him.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Oh, thank you for the kind words, it is very uplifting in these difficult times. :P I wish that all of you would also be all right. Hopefully, in the end sane people in the power will come to some kind of compromise, otherwise it will be beyond the far limits of reason. Well, we can always call Steed put it in order. :wink:
Denis
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

denis rigg wrote:Dear friends, due to the risk of disconnecting Russia from the Internet, I must thank in advance all the past and present members of Avengerland for an interesting and memorable pastime. I will definitely remember many of you. Hope that this forum will continue to live no matter what and I will still be here - even if disconnecting Russia from the Internet happens, maybe there will be a way to connect to the Internet, but for now this is just a theory. In an unfavorable situation, I'll probably go into the music realm and quit the Avengers.
Just to pass on my very best wishes should you lose contact with the forum, Denis. Please take care and be safe and look after those around you... and thanks again for all your brilliant work celebrating "The Avengers" both here and elsewhere. Although I'm sure you'd be equally as brilliant in the music realm, I very much hope that you also continue to enjoy the world of Steed and his friends.

Best wishes

Andrew
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Take care, Denis, you've been a leading light of The Avengers community. I fear you may not read this as the authorities look to close down internet access - they don't want their own people hearing about the bombing of maternity hospitals, I guess.
Let's hope the talks today in Turkey lead to a resolution, it's too dreadful to continue.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Andrew Pixley wrote:Just to pass on my very best wishes should you lose contact with the forum, Denis. Please take care and be safe and look after those around you... and thanks again for all your brilliant work celebrating "The Avengers" both here and elsewhere. Although I'm sure you'd be equally as brilliant in the music realm, I very much hope that you also continue to enjoy the world of Steed and his friends.

Best wishes

Andrew
Andrew, many thanks, I am very happy to hear from you and take all your words to heart. I wish you all the best and that your activities continue to bring you the desired results and pleasure.
dissolute wrote:Take care, Denis, you've been a leading light of The Avengers community. I fear you may not read this as the authorities look to close down internet access - they don't want their own people hearing about the bombing of maternity hospitals, I guess.
Let's hope the talks today in Turkey lead to a resolution, it's too dreadful to continue.
Piers, it's great to hear your opinion of me, even though I think the leading lights in last times are you, Patrick Van De Weghe, who continues keeps updates on own website, Nick and Franky, who are very active in the community, and many others on social media and beyond. Alas, in recent years I have noticeably lost ground in terms of activity in the Avengers, I have suspended updates in the VK Avengers group and I suspended the recent thread on Avengers/TNA performers on this forum. Hopefully I will return to being an active member if all goes well.

Lately I have a hunch that the internet won't cut off for Russia today as information becomes too public. A very good point here is a look at recent events. Perhaps some here know that politician Zhirinovsky at the end of 2021 said "At 4am on February 22nd you'll feel our new policy"!!! It's not fake, he said it on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aEf2fJ00qg

Why did he say that? I think this was said either by accident, given that the politician often behaves somewhat insanely, or it was a signal for certain people, but an unreasonable signal (why give signals to someones on TV?). He has in a serious condition for quite a long time now, for treatment from an alleged coronovirus, which of course raises a strong suspicion that there are continued reflections on how best to proceed - to eliminate a politician for careless statements in order to avoid his harsh interrogations from the disadvantageous to the authorities parties, or to persuade him to a deal, so that he explains it in some way.
As fact, the war began on February 24, and not on February 22, as apparently planned, judging by the statement's Zhirinovsky, so the internet situation may be similar, they may do so in the coming days or even within a month on a date that will not be covered (although of course I hope that this does not happen).

Regarding the bombing of maternity hospitals, this is definitely the case, like in any other war over a large residential area, where the participants in this war harm objects and subjects (some accidentally, some intentionally). Another terrible thing is that some people are trying to convince us that things will not come to complete madness. Really? It is enough to look at some irrefutable historical facts.

1) How many ordinary citizens at that time assumed that the US would carry out Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
2) How many believed that Hitler would not go far before the start of the war?
3) How many believed that under Stalin the time would not be so terrible in Russia, that people could be killed on the streets without trial or investigation?
4) How do you feel about the rights of the Inquisitio Haereticae Pravitatis Sanctum Officium?

Etc

Unfortunately, I have to admit that what is happening now in the world with sanctions only worsens the situation, because it provokes the authorities to aggravate the problem to very extreme measures. Exactly, let's hope these talks in Turkey lead to a resolution.
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Denis, very glad to see that you are still posting on our beloved forum..hopefully, internet access in your sector, will not be curtailed..and thanks for the mention..as we do have a wonderful forum, which is filled with so many knowable fans ..myself, I've learned much from so many great threads..since the birth of this forum..

I was thinking about some of the questions, you posted...I think most citizens, especially in 1945, really had no clue about 'atomic bombing' in both the United States, and Japan..the same could be said for the rest of the world..Only a handful knew that such a weapon existed..of course, you could use the same argument over conventional weapons..i.e. dropping 'em on both military and non military targets..and would the allies do this...to send a message to the leadership / military leaders..and yes, the U.S. did drop the first atomic bomb on that faithful day in august...should they have done this ? again, you could debate the pros and cons of such a action....one thing was clear, dropping
those bombs, did bring a swift end to the war in the pacific....or the
projected allied invasion of the japanese homeland was set to happen in November ..which no doubt, a tremendous loss of life for all concerned....
as for Hitler....The British and the French, underestimated his goals, and how far he would go to achieve his agendas..hence, you gave him an inch, he took a mile....resulting in Poland being invaded in early sept of 1939, and the start of the second world war.....as for Stalin, he was a monster...I can only imagine the reign of terror that was inflicted when he was in power...

and I'm hoping the Talks in Turkey, bring positive results, allowing everyone to save face, and have a solution to end this conflict

again denis, thanks for your threads