The Avengers on stage (1971)

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Avengerholic wrote:While clearing the loft today I found some more of the stage play photos I bought in a back street shop in London decades ago , all I can remember was him charging me a kings ransom for them, and at the time I was stupid enough to pay it. Here's one of Kate O'Mara
Great picture - thanks for sharing. I'm really fascinated by this stage play and the character of Hannah Wild. It would have been great to have seen it in the theatre. Hopefully one day Big Finish might record it as an audio book, so at least we would have the opportunity to hear it.
Old account paulpdjh
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

paulh wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:While clearing the loft today I found some more of the stage play photos I bought in a back street shop in London decades ago , all I can remember was him charging me a kings ransom for them, and at the time I was stupid enough to pay it. Here's one of Kate O'Mara
Great picture - thanks for sharing. I'm really fascinated by this stage play and the character of Hannah Wild. It would have been great to have seen it in the theatre. Hopefully one day Big Finish might record it as an audio book, so at least we would have the opportunity to hear it.
Aren't there rumblings of an Avengers musical stage show doing the rounds?
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Yes, I heard some rumours about an Avengers stage musical. I have to admit I'm in two minds about it as musicals really aren't my thing! However, if it does get the go ahead and is done well, it could be interesting and help bring the show at a wider audience.
Old account paulpdjh
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

At the newly re-homed The Avengers Declassified: the Stage Show Photo Gallery has just been updated. I've been meaning to do this for some time, so apologies for holding onto the images as I tracked them down.

The upside is that this delay means that I have been able to add an incredible 15 new images that are rarely seen as well as improve the larger versions of a good number of ones that were already on the page.

Don't forget to click the photo thumbnails to see larger, full frame versions!

http://www.avengers.culttv.uk/whats_new.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Amazing!!

Some of the costumes are quite, err, interesting... not sure "Fantasy Masochist" is totally on point for The Avengers, but then again it is very kinky. And I'm sure keen equestrian Steed appreciated the stirrups.

In a couple of shots, e.g. flourishing the pistol, Sue Lloyd looks a lot like Joanna Lumley in the early Purdey press calls before her haircut.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Alan wrote:At the newly re-homed The Avengers Declassified: the Stage Show Photo Gallery has just been updated. I've been meaning to do this for some time, so apologies for holding onto the images as I tracked them down.

The upside is that this delay means that I have been able to add an incredible 15 new images that are rarely seen as well as improve the larger versions of a good number of ones that were already on the page.

Don't forget to click the photo thumbnails to see larger, full frame versions!

http://www.avengers.culttv.uk/whats_new.htm
very nice, very nice indeed..a true labour of love...again, thank you for your supreme effort..
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Glad they're of interest! Thank you.

NB, Frankymole, the 'Fantasy Masochist' name - in case you are wondering - is from the stage show souvenir programme, not my invention. :)

Today, the stage show press section has been redesigned and updated:

http://www.avengers.culttv.uk/stage_press.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger