Latest episode you've seen..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Prendergast
Thingumajig

Post by Prendergast »

Death at Bargain Prices 10/10

Watching Castle De'ath now 10/10

And to finish off the Evening - Too Many Christmas Trees 10/10
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Prendergast wrote:Death at Bargain Prices 10/10

It's just a wild guess, but could season four maybe your favourite season.
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

VA_Avenger wrote:I'm looking forward to receiving the Cathy Gale years on CD for Christmas and my Birthday.
The soundtrack :? :lol: :wink:

A Surfeit of H20: 8/10
The Hour that Never Was: 7/10

Yes, I did understand the concept of the latter (it being a favourite with many Avengers fans), the plot just didn't work when you started to think about it. Which is true of most Avengers plots (it being fantasy and all), but with this one it was hard to ignore it. Plus the fact that the first half hour is basically Steed & Peel walking around some landscape or other.

Though I do think that this episode was probably one of the inspirations for the creators of The X-files.
Prendergast
Thingumajig

Post by Prendergast »

Allard wrote:
Prendergast wrote:Death at Bargain Prices 10/10

It's just a wild guess, but could season four maybe your favourite season.
I'm thinking...Yes!
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

Dial a Deadly Number: 10/10

Great plot, great guest stars (most notably Bowles and Holden, the latter made me all dizzy in the head when they were sitting on the card table), a notable henchman, Mrs. Peel in the cupboard and a vintage way of dealing with a bad guy.

What is there not to love? Sure, there might be better episodes out there, but since I can't find any point of critique it would be foolish to withhold a perfect score.
batmaster
Nutshell

Post by batmaster »

Honey for the prince, good episode.
I love the avengers!
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

Man-Eater of Surrey Green: 8/10
Two's a Crowd: 4/10

The problem with the first one is only really the ending which is unexplained (the scientists??). I knew before watching it that the episode in question was quite hated amongst Avengers fans (probably because of the sci-fi element), but I always watch each episode with an open mind.

The latter is really rather laughable. The first quarter or so are fine, but after Mr. Brewster comes into play you have to leave your brain at the home. And then we have that the very destructive toy plane :lol: :lol: Was that plane as big as the man-eater in the other episode :shock: :lol: Only recommendable for a very decent bit of totty (blondes were fine in the 60's :oops: ).
MaccaJack
Nutshell

Post by MaccaJack »

Correct Way To Kill
Living Dead
Too Many Christmas Trees
Dial A Deadly Number
From Venus With Love
Fear Merchants

As you can tell I'm getting good use out of my new Emma Peel Box Set.

Coming Up: Death's Door, Castle De'ath, Epic, Death at Bargain Prices, The Cybernauts.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Courier13 wrote:Man-Eater of Surrey Green: 8/10
I think you were generous with the first one. Two of my least favourites...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Courier13 wrote:Man-Eater of Surrey Green: 8/10

The problem with the first one is only really the ending which is unexplained (the scientists??). I knew before watching it that the episode in question was quite hated amongst Avengers fans (probably because of the sci-fi element), but I always watch each episode with an open mind.

The latter is really rather laughable. The first quarter or so are fine, but after Mr. Brewster comes into play you have to leave your brain at the home. And then we have that the very destructive toy plane :lol: :lol: Was that plane as big as the man-eater in the other episode :shock: :lol: Only recommendable for a very decent bit of totty (blondes were fine in the 60's :oops: ).
I think I must be the only fan who enjoys Maneater. :( Quite daft admittedly, but I've always loved sci-fi. If you're not a fan of sci-fi, I can imagine you wouldn't be impressed. Two's a crowd on the other hand is one of the worst Emma's. One of only two in season 4 I wasn't overwhelmed with. The other being Girl from Auntie. I find both of these to be silly even by Avengers standards. Maybe someone out there can convince me otherwise.