Kinky Boots - Podcast

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I did notice in season 12 of the current Doctor Who that Yaz told the others about her feelings for the Doctor - not in so many words, but it's pretty out there. She and Captain Jack have a heart to heart about being left behind by the Doctor. In the first episode of the Flux series we just had, Yaz and the Doctor fall through the front doors of the TARDIS and land on a big double bed (maybe a queen?) that's in the console room, so not much subtlety really.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

There was a big heart-to-heart in the last episode of Flux too, as they're spilling their hearts out as Dan comes in or who knows what might've happened (and will, in lots of the fan fiction).

Needless to say it's been rife in my other big fandom, Blakes 7, for the past 40 years - there was even a big Fan War between the pro- and anti- "slash publications" factions in the 90s(?). That series did at least hint at the possibility of pairing-up, as it was shown in more of an adult-oriented "soap" timeslot (now occupied by EastEnders) than early Dr Who was.

Personally I think it's all part of the fun for some people, it says something that these characters and worlds are 'real' enough to them to feel like there is stuff going on beyond the screened stories.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:There was a big heart-to-heart in the last episode of Flux too, as they're spilling their hearts out as Dan comes in or who knows what might've happened (and will, in lots of the fan fiction).

Needless to say it's been rife in my other big fandom, Blakes 7, for the past 40 years - there was even a big Fan War between the pro- and anti- "slash publications" factions in the 90s(?). That series did at least hint at the possibility of pairing-up, as it was shown in more of an adult-oriented "soap" timeslot (now occupied by EastEnders) than early Dr Who was.

Personally I think it's all part of the fun for some people, it says something that these characters and worlds are 'real' enough to them to feel like there is stuff going on beyond the screened stories.
there's the same mind set for many series in the States...the old 'what IF ? ' ETC
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

True. I think it works better in the minds of the audience than if actually enacted on screen; when Mulder and Scully "got together" romantically in "The X-Files" it wasn't interesting any more.

I used to enjoy "Moonlighting" with Cybill Shepherd and a pre-movies Bruce Willis (when he still had some hair!). They had a feisty relationship but you knew there was some sexual chemistry there.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

I've gone right off this now. The unusually hectoring tone of the doctor about how you're not allowed to enjoy the Frighteners and Girl on the Trapeze, going on and on and on about it, just puts me off. He browbeats the other commentator who reasonably points out that Big Finish might as well have made the whole series for the sake of two episodes, and ignores the valid points about remaking Hot Snow. I get the strong feeling neither of them actually like the premise of the series.

As they're ruining my enjoyment of it, I'm going to give the rest of it a miss. Sorry. If I want to hear bigoted fans I can go on numerous social media to hear people slagging off Tara King, the videotaped episode, or that awful harridan Lhbizness here moaning on and on about how she can't stand anyone else playing Steed. Sod this. I need positivity in my life, not people running down perfectly good professional productions.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:True. I think it works better in the minds of the audience than if actually enacted on screen; when Mulder and Scully "got together" romantically in "The X-Files" it wasn't interesting any more.

I used to enjoy "Moonlighting" with Cybill Shepherd and a pre-movies Bruce Willis (when he still had some hair!). They had a feisty relationship but you knew there was some sexual chemistry there.
exactly...when Mulder ended up with Scully, the wind tended to go out of their sails..and it wasn't the same...Then again, every series has a decent run..and after a certain time frame, the scripts get stale, etc

as for Moonlighting, the rancor between Willis and Shepherd, was the engine that drove the series..and once they 'got together' the show went flat, and was soon cancelled.....in real life, there was NO love between those two...which did make a interesting relationship ..etc
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:I've gone right off this now. The unusually hectoring tone of the doctor about how you're not allowed to enjoy the Frighteners and Girl on the Trapeze, going on and on and on about it, just puts me off. He browbeats the other commentator who reasonably points out that Big Finish might as well have made the whole series for the sake of two episodes, and ignores the valid points about remaking Hot Snow. I get the strong feeling neither of them actually like the premise of the series.

As they're ruining my enjoyment of it, I'm going to give the rest of it a miss. Sorry. If I want to hear bigoted fans I can go on numerous social media to hear people slagging off Tara King, the videotaped episode, or that awful harridan Lhbizness here moaning on and on about how she can't stand anyone else playing Steed. Sod this. I need positivity in my life, not people running down perfectly good professional productions.

you must have been reading my mind...I've felt pretty much the same...and social media, is riddled with numerous 'experts' slagging any number of productions and actors...

I don't have a problem with a legitimate slagging..persay, but 9 nines out of 10, the slagging isn't deserved..or the writer doesn't know squat, and they are just being keyboard commandoes...
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Whilst I’ve enjoyed the odd few episodes, I’ve had to turn off a couple as One of the gentleman’s perspectives does rankle me somewhat.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Rather interesting interview with "Avengers" historian Dave Rogers in the new edition (tried posting a link... won't let me do it...)

All the best

Andrew
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Andrew Pixley wrote:Rather interesting interview with "Avengers" historian Dave Rogers in the new edition (tried posting a link... won't let me do it...)

All the best

Andrew
ALWAYS interested what Rogers has to say..even when I disagree ...