Cyd Child: Judo, The Avengers and Me

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:The Zoom interview as part of the book bundle deal is provisionally set for 30 January at 19:00hrs (I presume GMT). I guess I should download Zoom!

let us know, how it turned out, etc
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Got this email. Am downloading Zoom now, hope it works.

enquires <[email protected]>
4:25 PM (2 hours ago)
to

Hello Everyone,

This is an email to remind you that the Cyd Child 'Judo, The Avengers and Me' Zoom Party will be this Sunday 30th January 2022 at 19:00 GMT. You'll be emailed a link to the zoom meeting earlier that day, if you haven't received anything by 18:00 GMT please email us.

When you enter the room you will be on silent, however you can talk freely between yourselves in the chat bar. There will be a section of the zoom session where you will be able to ask questions directly to Cyd! we expect the zoom party to last approximately 45 minutes.

See you Sunday!

Dexter @ Fantom
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Got this email. Am downloading Zoom now, hope it works.

enquires <enquires>
4:25 PM (2 hours ago)
to

Hello Everyone,

This is an email to remind you that the Cyd Child 'Judo, The Avengers and Me' Zoom Party will be this Sunday 30th January 2022 at 19:00 GMT. You'll be emailed a link to the zoom meeting earlier that day, if you haven't received anything by 18:00 GMT please email us.

When you enter the room you will be on silent, however you can talk freely between yourselves in the chat bar. There will be a section of the zoom session where you will be able to ask questions directly to Cyd! we expect the zoom party to last approximately 45 minutes.

See you Sunday!

Dexter @ Fantom
wondering if it'll work in my neck of the global woods...if not, those who have hooked up, love to read about your impressions, etc
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Today I received this book and almost immediately deepened in the study. :P Noticed an interesting thing - now Cyd mentions that the The Fear Merchants was the first Avengers episode she appeared in, and not From Venus With Love as in the interview published in the Dave Rogers' fanzine (see the The Perils of Cyd article, page 7, by link below).

https://www.avengersanew.com/behindthescenes.html

...asked Cyd if she could remember the first Avengers episode she appeared in? "From Venus With Love, I think. It was a very strange beginning...

Not surprisingly, so many years have passed, it is already difficult to remember the events in the correct order, not to mention some names.
I wonder why Cyd doesn't mention another regular (Annabelle Heath) as a stunt double for Diana Rigg in color episodes, but always only Diane Enright? :? Maybe they rarely crossed paths?
Denis
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Really pleased to see that Christine has got her book published (I am aware that this happened some time ago) after all the help she gave me with Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots. Four years ago she joined us on the Treasure Hunt event, even going as far to go along on the actual location tour. An absolutely wonderful person and joy to be with.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

denis rigg wrote:Today I received this book and almost immediately deepened in the study. :P Noticed an interesting thing - now Cyd mentions that the The Fear Merchants was the first Avengers episode she appeared in, and not From Venus With Love as in the interview published in the Dave Rogers' fanzine (see the The Perils of Cyd article, page 7, by link below).

https://www.avengersanew.com/behindthescenes.html

...asked Cyd if she could remember the first Avengers episode she appeared in? "From Venus With Love, I think. It was a very strange beginning...

Not surprisingly, so many years have passed, it is already difficult to remember the events in the correct order, not to mention some names.
I wonder why Cyd doesn't mention another regular (Annabelle Heath) as a stunt double for Diana Rigg in color episodes, but always only Diane Enright? :? Maybe they rarely crossed paths?
Perhaps it's all to do with how you interpret "appeared in" - From Venus with Love was broadcast first, but The Fear Merchants was made earlier, so maybe she's now thinking about the order of filming rather than when the public saw it.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.