Dave rogers notes

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
GeorgeD
White Dwarf

Dave rogers notes

Post by GeorgeD »

I noticed that dave Rogers wrote...
....which to view my weekly fix of David Keel, Cathy Gale and John Steed. Indeed, I went further, spending many an hour in the dressing room making prodigious notes about the show, particularly the names of that week’s guest stars, the writers and directors of each episode and a brief story synopsis – notes which, unknown to me at the time, would later kick start a brand new career.
Does anyone have access to those notes?

Im wondering if they could add much insight to the content of the season 1 episodes missing scripts and should be preserved.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Sadly, I've never seen any of Dave's notes, except what he later rewrote in his fanzines, and I have precious few of those. There is a series of reprints as hardback books, but I found the first a disappointment as it was a sort of best of compendium rather than a verbatim reprint of the originals.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:Sadly, I've never seen any of Dave's notes, except what he later rewrote in his fanzines, and I have precious few of those. There is a series of reprints as hardback books, but I found the first a disappointment as it was a sort of best of compendium rather than a verbatim reprint of the originals.
yes, I would agree..as I've had several of the hardback books...so access to his original notes, would be essential ..etc....perhaps located somewhere on the net. (?)
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote:Sadly, I've never seen any of Dave's notes, except what he later rewrote in his fanzines, and I have precious few of those. There is a series of reprints as hardback books, but I found the first a disappointment as it was a sort of best of compendium rather than a verbatim reprint of the originals.
I think I've got pretty much every issue of Stay tuned and On Target salted away somewhere, in the mid-late 80s / early 90s you could still get them as back issues. If I had a friend with a scanner I'd get them scanned for you! Maybe one day. I have to find which box I've stored them in first...
Last watched: "Mandrake"
GeorgeD
White Dwarf

Post by GeorgeD »

Thanks for the reply.

I dont know what Daves current involvement is, but would like to believe he would be generous in preserving his research. He is the only one i know who remembers watching the original season and unfortunately information on several episodes is very limited.

Did these magazines have additional information on the scriptless season 1 episodes like nightmare and hunt the man down?
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

GeorgeD wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I dont know what Daves current involvement is, but would like to believe he would be generous in preserving his research. He is the only one i know who remembers watching the original season and unfortunately information on several episodes is very limited.

Did these magazines have additional information on the scriptless season 1 episodes like nightmare and hunt the man down?
Dave has been assisting in the production of the hardback compendia but I haven't seen much in new material being exposed.

The magazines didn't have much for Nightmare or Hunt the Man Down, but there is one edition that had material on series 1 I hadn't seen anywhere, and went towards my complete rework of that series. I've forgotten what it was off the top of my head, but it's linked to from the PURRR website, from memory (I don't have an original of that edition).

Most of the scripts survive, and Leonard White's scrapbook had TeleSnaps for episodes 13-26.

https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avenge ... /series-1/

Only Nightmare, Crescent Moon, Diamond Cut Diamond, and Hunt the Man Down are lacking a proper synopsis, but Hunt the Man Down at least has a good set off extent photos.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
GeorgeD
White Dwarf

Post by GeorgeD »

Thanks
While Dave Rogers notes might have information, more scripts would be ideal.
Imdb implies Redmond Bailey might be alive..
He was in slipway nightmare and brought to book
Has anyone tried reaching him to see what he might have?
Being in 3 season 1 stories, he could be a very good interview

Richard harris who v wrote hunt the man down apparently is also alive