It's like Emma Peel is still with us

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote:I'd like to see her go her own path and am highly doubtful whether an Avengers remake would ever be any good. Yet, seeing her do a one off short sketch for a tv show playing Mrs. Peel would be intriguing to say the least. When Frank Skinner compared a tv performance of her with A Touch of Brimstone she seemed to enjoy that, so who knows one day....

I would concur with your opinion....and looking at her, she does have her mothers cheekbones and nose, etc...and yeah, it might be interesting to see her do a short sketch, or one one / off version of Peel...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:She did do Theatre of Blood though on stage, and I think her mum watched her in it.
and I bet Diana was proud as punch....filled with pride
Yes, she absolutely loved it. I can't remember which interview it was mentioned in, maybe the BFI one I watched recently. Or maybe I'm thinking of that just because Rachael was in the audience returning the favour? She probably saw a lot of her mum's stage shows, lucky girl.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

As much as the fan side of me would love to see her play a sketch as Emma Peel just for the novelty - Rachel is her own woman. She is not her mother. She has shown herself to be a very talented actress in her own right and will have a wonderful career (though obviously who her mother was won't exactly be a hindrance).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

darren wrote:As much as the fan side of me would love to see her play a sketch as Emma Peel just for the novelty - Rachel is her own woman. She is not her mother. She has shown herself to be a very talented actress in her own right and will have a wonderful career (though obviously who her mother was won't exactly be a hindrance).

well stated...and true, having her as her mother, helped out..but she still had to prove her talent..and she has...
JohnnyO
White Dwarf

Post by JohnnyO »

Well, I guess she would have to play an older Emma, since Dame Diana was in her late 20's then, and Rachel is in her, what, mid 40's.